List 3.0L Post Fix warranty claims

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
I thought it might be helpful to start a list of the use of what seems to be a fairly comprehensive warranty that accompanies the emissions repair. I have a higher mileage 3.0 and the warranty made the repair worth the gamble.
Fault code P245B00- EGR cooler bypass performance. Replaced the EGR cooler 059131515FP. Required removal of intake manifold.
Fault code P20FE00 -Reducing agent performance. Adblue filter housing loose, pump damaged. Replaced pump 4L0131899M and filter housing.
Just those two were a couple grand in parts, not sure what the labor was. I think the warranty will be very beneficial to those with higher mileage vehicles whose emissions components, as well as quite a bit of other parts, might be at the end of their useful life.

KevinGary

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI
I am currently at 75k miles and am hoping to wait until I get to 100k miles to take “real” advantage of the extended warranty.

KevinGary

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI
I thought it might be helpful to start a list of the use of what seems to be a fairly comprehensive warranty that accompanies the emissions repair. I have a higher mileage 3.0 and the warranty made the repair worth the gamble.
How many miles did you have when the repairs were done

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
How many miles did you have when the repairs were done
Emissions repair at 125k, now at 130k. Also had EGT sensor replaced under the extended warranty. I’ve had an oil leak coming from the bell housing, which service advisor quoted 20hrs of labor to drop the transmission to determine exact source of leak. When I asked if a rear main seal would be covered under the extended warranty “long block” line item he said “thirty percent chance it would be covered”. I’ve pressed him to inquire further with whoever handles the extended warranty claims. We’ll see what kind of answer they come up with....

KevinGary

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI
Any issues with the car prior to 125k miles? In April of 2020 I will have approx 115k miles and am hoping to delay the fix until then.

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
I bought it with 115k in the clock. Was serviced at an Audi dealer by prior owner. During the bridge warranty period dealer replaced a NOX sensor as well. At best any of the emissions items are a couple hundred dollar sensor into the thousands once you start talking dpf’s, egr coolers, etc. I can see weighing whether to delay the fix to push back your warranty extension, however others have reported the dealer refusing to apply the fix until pre-existing faults are remedied.