Anybody could tell me where Matt Whitbread is??

Status
Not open for further replies.

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Like I said in an earlier post, there is another side to this story…
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4983829&postcount=351
Sure... but I totally disagree with this:

If I returned every call, email, or text I have missed while moving my parents out of their condo, moving my personal stuff from my condo, moving the things from my shop thus far, and all the time I've put into the new shop building, I would be on the phone or computer for 4 days straight.

He could of and should have at least answered this one... he was in the middle of a transaction with that customer. Simply ignoring that customer is not how a business person should operate, no matter how busy they are.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Sure... but I totally disagree with this:

If I returned every call, email, or text I have missed while moving my parents out of their condo, moving my personal stuff from my condo, moving the things from my shop thus far, and all the time I've put into the new shop building, I would be on the phone or computer for 4 days straight.

He could of and should have at least answered this one... he was in the middle of a transaction with that customer. Simply ignoring that customer is not how a business person should operate, no matter how busy they are.
Please see post #19 above...

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Thanx for the link 1854; nice to know all of the facts or circumstances.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
all of the facts or circumstances.
Being busy and a poor communicator is a reason for what has happened, but it does not justify it.

The proper thing to do would have been to tell Robert/Maxrpm that he hadn't paid the agreed upon amount and work would not happen till it was paid for.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I have a good relationship with Matt. He and I share a similar problem. It's the one-sided story. If the bill were paid as requested, this wouldn't be an issue.

About the rules, it is poor form to air your dirty laundry on the forums. This is no place for gossip. One of my non-payment complaints is against another vendor. Although I could probably manipulate the situation, I am BARRED from making derogatory, inflammatory or the ever-present FUD attacks on another vendor. It is best to be postive. And yet, there are vendors who abuse the rules without consequence.

Complete honesty is the story here. 2/3rds of a payment is not 'payment if Full'.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
What is OP's response to Matt's explanation in the vendor accountability thread:confused:??? Matt's explanation seems reasonable to me.....

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
My personal pet peeve here, that I'm currently experiencing with matt, is when someone gives you a timeline on something and doesnt stick to it and then doesnt contact back or answer when you inquire. The explanation is reasonable, sure, but that is a bad way to do business and if I had read here before I tried to get parts from him id have avoided it entirely and gone elsewhere.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
My personal pet peeve here, that I'm currently experiencing with matt, is when someone gives you a timeline on something and doesnt stick to it and then doesnt contact back or answer when you inquire. The explanation is reasonable, sure, but that is a bad way to do business and if I had read here before I tried to get parts from him id have avoided it entirely and gone elsewhere.
He deals with you promptly before he gets the money then once he gets it he falls from the face of the earth, good luck if he returns and picks up phone,, when he sees your number,,,,exactly right and I knew I am not the only one...

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
If you're stalling on replying surely you are part of the delay then?

I am not part of the delay, I replied already right after I posted here pls check

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a good relationship with Matt. He and I share a similar problem. It's the one-sided story. If the bill were paid as requested, this wouldn't be an issue.

About the rules, it is poor form to air your dirty laundry on the forums. This is no place for gossip. One of my non-payment complaints is against another vendor. Although I could probably manipulate the situation, I am BARRED from making derogatory, inflammatory or the ever-present FUD attacks on another vendor. It is best to be postive. And yet, there are vendors who abuse the rules without consequence.

Complete honesty is the story here. 2/3rds of a payment is not 'payment if Full'.
Frank would you pay in full if you are aware that he disappears once he gets it? and first off you pay once job is done right? do you charge full amount before you calibrate injectors or do you wait until you are done and before shipping them you bill them?

the job that was supposed to be done for me has not even started yet, he gets 2/3 of his money already then he ignores you, I do not see how you can see that fair?? you have a business like I do and we all do it the same way,,, job is done time to bill!!!

I could have the greatest relationship with anybody and why would I side with him if he is not doing the right thing?? I could be a really good friend of a criminal and because I am a good friend he is not a criminal??? go figure!!,,, I think your story is one sided instead.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Hasnt anyone learned from residental contractors??? Same deal they take your money and never come back. If you pay them before services are rendered then thats your fault. If they wont do the job without cash up front then find a new guy. Simple. Never pay before services rendered.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Hasnt anyone learned from residental contractors??? Same deal they take your money and never come back. If you pay them before services are rendered then thats your fault. If they wont do the job without cash up front then find a new guy. Simple. Never pay before services rendered.
There are technicians and there are artists.
In this case its more like commissioning an artist. :p

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The thing that I am having trouble wrapping my head around is why Robert went back to Matt after his previous nightmare experience with him. :confused:

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
Actually I haven't given him any money, he was supposed to send me an invoice and never did, and he was supposed to have my part done a while ago. So I'm not out any money, just time at this point.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
still waiting for my parts or $$$ maybe santa claus would make it happen by christmas

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
still waiting for my parts or $$$ maybe santa claus would make it happen by christmas
Wow....Sorry man. That's pathetic. There's a month or three but years...

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
And I thought waiting for five months for my ported chainsaw was ridiculous! (After many one-sided correspondences I finally gave the guy an ultimatum: either get it to me within two weeks or give me back my money. I was relieved to soon afterwards receive the saw).

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Years and counting, it is unbelievable but the truth is ive been ripped off big time by a crook,.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Out of curiousity, it it popular on your side of the pond to give materials for a repair and pay money instantly?
Here we usually give a bad part for a repair, supply the replacement part(s) if needed and pay for the labour and everything else once the work is completed.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Out of curiousity, it it popular on your side of the pond to give materials for a repair and pay money instantly?
Here we usually give a bad part for a repair, supply the replacement part(s) if needed and pay for the labour and everything else once the work is completed.
No we don't here, i made a mistake when he asked me for $ to finish my project cause he said that he was moving to his new shop and needed it so he can finish his project and gave me his word that he'd finish my project within 2 weeks, i believed him and he burned me

Status
Not open for further replies.