*** Bored Wives Club*** PLEASE READ AND RELAY!!!

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
We are going to arrange a bored wives club event for Saturday during the fest. You do not have to be a woman to attend, but we assume there will be folks that do not wish to participate in the road rally etc.

In order to make it easy on everyone we are going to take advantage of the hotels shuttle bus. The event liasion has stated the bus is free and goes to the new air and space center operated by the Smithsonian Institution and the Reston VA Town center. It is my understanding the Air/Space is 5 minutes away and is free, and the Town Center is a medium to upscale shopping area. Browse the below links to find out more. If you plan on participating, please let us know so we can advise the hotel on numbers. I am not sure if it is customary to tip the shuttle driver, someone else can chime in if they know or just use your best judgement. If you have additional questions you can PM me, as my girlfriend is scheduled to be the TDI Fest represenitive for this event.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/museum/udvarhazy/

http://www.restontowncenter.com/

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
LiLredTDI...did you get right off the phone and post this :)

Please thank Heather for offering to volunteer!!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
FYI, the hotel's shuttle bus can hold 25 passengers.

The Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Reston Town Centre has a movie theater, shops, restaurants, etc.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
*bump bump* for the bored wives/partners/hubby club!
it's a fun thing to do to keep it entertaining for the whole family.
so much to see and do, especially in DC!

SoMDTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE BRM/JCR
VeeDubTDI said:
FYI, the hotel's shuttle bus can hold 25 passengers.

The Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Reston Town Centre has a movie theater, shops, restaurants, etc.
Unfortunately, the layout makes it difficult to get good pictures - no matter what direction you point your camera it seems that you are looking straight at a bright light. Also, the exhibits are packed close together.

If you are a local, and are driving to the museum, during the week parking is $15 before 4PM. Not an issue if you take the shuttle. Please be sure to park it in the same place when you're done, and don't run into the other exhibits! j/k.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
My wife is probably going to spend the weekend at the Reston Town Center and Tyson's Corner Center. I'm sure she would be interested in having company. She said that for every dollar I spend at the fest, she can spend a dollar shopping, so I have the green light to splurge.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Yeah, it sounds great until you look at the $450 or so I've already spent on registration and hotel, etc before even leaving home. Add dent removal, an RC tune, and some impulse buys and I'm at about 2 grand for the weekend. Good thing we don't have kids to buy Christmas presents for!

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
arne487 said:
Yeah, it sounds great until you look at the $450 or so I've already spent on registration and hotel, etc before even leaving home. Add dent removal, an RC tune, and some impulse buys and I'm at about 2 grand for the weekend. Good thing we don't have kids to buy Christmas presents for!
Tyson's...hmmm. Wow, 2 grand? I'd keep in touch throughout until the dollar for dollar covers a Chanel Grand Shopper. I could see it now, come on hun...can't u find another 700.00 to spend on that wonderful car?? It deserves even more!

600, 500, 200......Score!

Last edited by a moderator:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Surferchick2 said:
Tyson's...hmmm. Wow, 2 grand? I'd keep in touch throughout until the dollar for dollar covers a Chanel Grand Shopper. I could see it now, come on hun...can't u find another 700.00 to spend on that wonderful car?? It deserves even more!

600, 500, 200......Score!
That's pure evil, right there. ;)

Surferchick2

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2013 Golf
We kind of had that racket going when dh was actively mt bike racing...a very expensive hobby. Some of these bikes cost more than a decent tdi. Oh, you wiped out? Anything happen to the bike? So, how much to replace those components. LOL...j/k. I asked if he was ok first. Bwahaha. Still j/k...Im not THAT naughty.

Last edited: