DSG port access

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I am trying to make up my mind which route to take. DIY or pay a shop.

Can someone tell me how easy or difficult it is to access the DSG port where you would plug in to tune the DSG. What needs to be removed to get at it? Also where is it?

Trying to see if it might be easier to have a local Malone shop do it if there is much to be removed, crawl under the car etc.

I should add I'm no spring chicken anymore. A year ago I installed a rear sway bar and the contortions I had to make under the car on ramps were no fun.

Thx:confused:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
You have to take the airbox out, I'm trying to recall if the battery has to come out too. In either case, it's not super difficult.

-J

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
or just read the ID over OBD no need to go under the hood anymore

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also DSG tunes can be had from other companies that can flash via ODB port.

I believe unitronic haven't had their hands tied by alienware interface like kerma/malone, flash at home with their uniconnect plus. From what I've read from the EA888 gasser guys they swear by the DSG programming for 400-450HP R putting down 11 second runs.

Also they do sales every now and then.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
OK Kerma, I have the Flashzilla v.3 and if that would work that would be fantastic.
Or does this require a different tool?

Th reason I bought the Flashzilla tool is to switch back to the OEM tune when the car needs to go to the dealer for anything other than an oil change.

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
The powergate 3s cannot flash DSGs yet. Plugging into the dsg port is about as hard as changing a headlight bulb though, wouldn't be too worried there.

We have several different tools that'll flash DSGs that we use in house for R&D work and have rental tools available if you don't want to use a kess through a distributor. We use tuning tools from more than a few companies, most of them are cost prohibitive for shops or customers so we've primarily stuck to alientech for our distributors.

Last edited: