Local dealer email..

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
You've been selected to take part in our Vehicle Exchange Program. Our records indicated that you purchased a 2013 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA on 07/29/2013. Based on your estimated equity position, you may be able to UPGRADE into a newer vehicle with no money out of pocket and potentially keep your current payment the same or similar. Even if your vehicle is paid off, we also have great incentives for cash buyers!

To participate in this unique program, please reply to this email to schedule a VIP Appointment with your Vehicle Exchange Coordinator or simply call

Additionally, click here and enjoy a full preview of the all new VOLKSWAGEN JETTA.
Told them no thanks!

Anyone else received something like this from the dealer they usually use?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Told them no thanks!

Anyone else received something like this from the dealer they usually use?
I've been getting similar (email and postal mail) since before the diesel gate broke. Also get similar for my Passat, which I traded over 3 years ago. And for my Dodge RAM, also traded over 3 years ago.

Typical scam mailing and probably unconnected to diesel gate itself.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
I got the same thing about my 11 Golf. I love how they say things like "we are authorized to buy vehicles" or "vehicle exchange program". What they really mean to say is "we'll let you trade in your used vehicle here while we bend you over selling you a new car". I guess that people must fall for this stuff or they wouldn't send them out. Or maybe it's just that saying come trade your vehicle doesn't get people moving.

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Weren't these explicitly banned by the court order? Seems like it might be fun to go and find out the terms of the deal and report it to vwoa.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Weren't these explicitly banned by the court order? Seems like it might be fun to go and find out the terms of the deal and report it to vwoa.
These have been going on long before diesel gate started, and not only VW dealers send these sorts of mailers out.

Maybe the text has been "nuanced" because of dieselgate so maybe someone in authority should look at them. But dieselgate is not the source of this.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
I get stuff like this in the mail all the time. They are just looking for any angle to get you in the door, and then schmooze away...

Tell me I have a $2K loyalty bonus in play and your 2015 car is marked down 2-4K and I'm there. LOL

Clark Addison

TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI
I got one of those from a Nissan dealer about an SUV I bought in 2002 and sold in 2004. They were offering full retail on a trade-in (subject to inspection).

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
just got a letter in the mail from the same dealer... said they are in dire need!

of course I won't be taking them up on it. I am sure it is just their way of trying to cash in by getting me to trade before the buy back.

I tried to buy a car from them as my replacement and they didn't want to deal at all.. Screw them, I bought a Volvo and my second car will no longer be a VW.

Jimbabwe

TDI
2014 JSW TDI DSG
I tell them if they can beat what VW will be giving me for my car when I turn it in then I would be happy to come in and test drive their cars.
Nobody has taken me up on it yet...

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
These letters are SOP, and for every dealer of every brand. We still get letters on a Dakota we bought new in '02 and sold 5 years ago......

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I receive those pitiful form letters and post cards occasionally also. Pathetic.

I see desperation in those sad attempts to find buyers. Desperate for sales and for ideas as well.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
After the prelim buyback was announced, I got a call from my dealer, "Hey how is your 2010 Jetta (sportwagen TDI) do-in?" ...

I resisted the temptation of playing along and cut him off... I told him I was waiting to hear more on the buyback or fix. Once he realized I was aware, he went away fast. I suspect he wanted me to trade-in.

Last edited: