Impact of vehicles' resale for not near a dealer?

Andrius_B

Impact of vehicles\' resale for not near a dealer?

I had a thought, but don't know the answer, hopefully yall can help...

Does the proximity to a dealer affect the resale of a vehicle? For example, I saw some late-model Audis (2002, 2003) at a VW dealer in Myrtle Beach, SC. The nearest Audi dealer is 90+ miles away. Does the dealer find these Audis attractive or a neusance? Does the VW dealer welcome Audis for trade to a VW? I would assume attractive because they would be considered a "specialty" item, but maybe a neusance because of customer service issues after the sale...

Any ideas or insight?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Impact of vehicles resale not near a dealer?

[ QUOTE ]
Impact of vehicle's resale not near a dealer?

Any ideas or insight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, someone "in the know" might consider that a real bonus! It's the dealers that kill the repuatation and goodness of these cars.

Welcome aboard, Andrius.

Andrius_B

Impact of vehicles resale not near a dealer?

I guess it all depends on how you look at it, and how each individual dealer handles each situation. It is interesting, though, because this VW dealer has had its same two R32s sitting on their lot for months! If that's the case, maybe the Audis that are there are in the same boat...

Thanks for having me! :)

P.S. I had my sister buy a 2003 Golf TDI and also had my ex-girlfriend buy a 2003 Jetta TDI and they LOVE them. I'm going to drive the Passat TDI for *me* this weekend! Although, I don't know if I can tear myself from my 2002 Audi A4 Quattro... :-(