Custom downpipe on my VW Golf MK7.5 GTD

demirulez

TDI
2017 VW Golf GTD 2.0L
Hi all, new member of the forum here, owner of a MK7.5 VW Golf GTD 2.0L (2017). I got a new hand-crafted downpipe for my car (engine code: DGCA) and I'd like to know which are the steps necessary for installation. There's also a cap that I suppose it's for the secondary EGR. I've also read that it's kinda a PITA job to accomplish, especially if you raise your car only with jack stands so I'm thinking about to let do the work at a shop. I know also that a custom remap is necessary after a DPF/CAT/EGR removal. Please anyone could point me with some useful tips for my case? Thanks a lot in advance :).

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Rawtek does have decent installation instructions you could follow. You need to undo the transmission mount so you can pivot the motor and allow the dpf to come down between the motor and subframe. The EGR cooler is a fun one to remove, there's a triple square bolt that is near impossible to loosen. You'll need some combination of short extensions and a stubby triple square socket (may want to cut it down shorter) just for the one bolt.
All this assuming your engine is similar enough to CRUA sold over here.

demirulez

TDI
2017 VW Golf GTD 2.0L
Thanks a lot for pointing me at Rawtek website, they have a very detailed installation guide. A lift is really necessary i see to do this kinda job, so i have to look around for a shop in my area. @adjat84th: just had a quick look on your MK7 build, nice setup! Think I'm gonna ask you few questions in the near future if you don't mind ;).