Important - climatronic - 14/4 - T10a/T12A

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Hello everyone,
sorry if I choose the wrong category, but i am newbie here.

I have Golf mk4, 2002, AXR.
Air conditioning controller - 14pin/4pin.

I have climatronic box from (probably) 1998 - connectors 10 pin and 12 pin. In '98 controller was 10 pin.

I need scheme to connect climatronic box with my car properly.
I need to know which cables i need to disconnect, which cables i need to plug in and which cables i need to add to current loom.

Thanks a lot for all answers!

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Problems..

Okay, thank You for answer.
I've done everything from Your instructions, except of this points:
  • T14/8 (Fan control module) goes to T12/2 (pin 2 of the 12-pin connector on the Climatronic Control Module, not the Climatronic box!) instead of T12a/2 (12-pin connector on Climatronic box).
  • Pin 8 of the t14 goes to pin 2 of the t12
I have a few more questions:
1) Pin T14/8 is in the Fan control module connector. Did i have to cut this wire and connect to Climatronic Controle Module pin 12 or add to current conenction?
2) I have add connection:
  • Fuse S16 goes to T16a/7 (pin 7 of the larger 16-pin connector on the Climatronic Control Module) instead of T17a/7
After this instruction my Coolant Fans started up after ingition and they won't turn off. So I must disconnect battery.
What should I do with this situation?

3) "Bridge pins 5 and 14 of the t14 connector" - I have cutted this cables and connect into bridge. Is this right?

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
Look at this whole thread, starting at post 43:

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=345996

In post 48, the user I was helping followed my instructions and had the same problem with the cooling fans running after turning off the ignition. Then in post 55, he found a mistake in his wiring and after fixing that everything was good. Unfortunately, he didn't say what the mistake was. :(

I will take a look at the ALH wiring diagrams again tonight and see if I can answer your questions about the fan control module wiring. If I had access to the AXR wiring diagrams then I could be more helpful. I only have access to the ALH wiring diagrams since I only have the US version of the service manual.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
1) Pin T14/8 is in the Fan control module connector. Did i have to cut this wire and connect to Climatronic Controle Module pin 12 or add to current conenction?
Cut the existing wire that goes to T14/8. Connect T14/8 to the Climatronic Control Module pin 2.
2) I have add connection:
  • Fuse S16 goes to T16a/7 (pin 7 of the larger 16-pin connector on the Climatronic Control Module) instead of T17a/7
Yes, that's right. You don't have a T17a connector as that only exists on the newer Climatronic airbox. You have to find a way to connect fuse S16 to pin 7 or the larger 16-pin connector on the Climatronic Control Module itself.
Note that fuse S16 is also connected to pin 4 of T14 (fan control module). That wiring is the same in both Climatronic and non-Climatronic cars.
3) "Bridge pins 5 and 14 of the t14 connector" - I have cutted this cables and connect into bridge. Is this right?
Yes, that's right. With manual climate control, pins 5 and 14 go to an ambient temperature switch (F38) which is not used with Climatronic, so you want to remove the existing wires from T14 and then bridge those 2 pins on T14.

Last edited:

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Thank You so much for helping me.
I will check connections tommorow, because I am working today.

Fuse 16 blews up. I put new and again is broken.

Maybe i must cut one of cables on S16 fuse?
What do You think? Now I have T16/7 add to one of cables from S16 fuse.

Edit: Maybe important.. I don't have coolant liquid. VCDS and climatronic gets temp sensor error (-51C), but on Climatronic Control Unit temp is ok, for example 22C.

Last edited:

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
I managed to find an AXR wiring diagram and the wiring changes to add Climatronic are the same as for the ALH. Here's a list of the wiring changes needed for the Fan Control Module so you can double-check that everything is correct:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=135553&title=climatronic-wiring

If you're looking at the back of the Climatronic Control Module, the connectors are from left to right: T16a, T12, T20, T16b

On each connector, the top left pin is 1 and the pins increase from left to right on the top row, and then from left to right on the bottom row:
Code:
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Ok, I see changes too.
For example T14/3 is open and T14/12 goes to T16b, not to T12. I will check this.

But now I must disconnect T10/7 connection, because T14/3 must be open...

Last edited:

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
I've uploaded a full wiring connection list:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=135577&title=climatronic-wiring&cat=500

It's a .pdf so you'll have to download it. It shows where all the wires go from each of the 4 connectors on the Climatronic Control Unit (CCU) as well as the 2 connectors on the Fan Control Module (FCU). Many of the wires on the CCU go to sensors and motors within the Climatronic airbox. Those wires should already be in place in your airbox.

Other wires go from the CCU to places in your car outside the airbox. Those wires are highlighted in yellow. Most of those wires will show up on various pins of the 2 external connectors on the airbox (10 pins and 12 pins I think you said because you have an older airbox). You'll have to trace that wiring yourself as I don't have any more time to spend on this.

I hope you didn't try to connect the non-Climatronic airbox harness (the one that used to connect to your manual airbox) to the 10-pin or 12-pin connectors on the Climatronic airbox. If it would even fit (can't remember from when I converted my car), the wires wouldn't be in the right positions, and that might well explain why your fuse keeps blowing.

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Thank You so much for help. Problem ia solved.
I must change T16b - T10/9 to T16b - T32/11. And now Climatronic works perfect, fuse is ok.

But! A/C don't start. I have F129 error.
VCDS tells "compressor off by Missing engine speed signal".

A/C is full loaded and hermetic.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
T10/9 (Orange connector in plenum) is the engine speed signal (RPM). You need to connect that to T16b/6.

Urbi

TDI
AXR
Ok, RPM signal connected.

Sorry for a lot of PMs and messeges on thread. My A/C don't start..

Now I have 00792 F129 error.
VCDS group 01 - 3.0 - Compressor off by pressure switch (F129) - Refrigerant pressure to low.

I checked brand new, oem G65 sensor (F129). Error still exist. AC is full and hermetic.

- compressor connected to battery - starts up. AC pipe is cold,
- vents connected to battery - starts up,
- compressor resistance ~3,8ohm
- voltage on compressor connector - 12V on ECON and AUTO.

I checked bridge T12/2 - T16b/2. Error F129 disappear, compressor status 0.0 - running. But it don't starts up! :/

Last edited: