Post your TDI sightings here!!

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
samspock said:
Do they have the V6 badge on them? I saw one that just had TDI on the back, no V6 badge.

I didn't notice any V6 badge because I'm so trained like the rest of us to spot the TDI badge. :cool: It may have had a V6 badge on it but I wasn't specifically looking for it. The car passed by me fast enough in traffic that I only got a quick glance at the TDI badge on the back and that's all I was looking for.

Diesel_Mikey

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Beige B5.5 Passat with a Pennsylvania registration (fittingly beginning with DSL...) yesterday around 10 pm or so here in my fabulous hometown of Jersey City, on the ramp from the covered roadway down to the Holland Tunnel. If you're here, know that I don't let just anybody go in front of me in that kind of traffic...but I made an exception for a fellow TDI driver.

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
silver jetta wagon with daemon college sticker and front fender rust spotted at miller fillmore suburban hospital sept. 25 around 11 am. there aren't a whole lot of tdi's in the area, huh?

92teg92

TDI
2000 Jetta
couple of different TDIs heading south on I 95 around foxboro MA at about 4-4:30...

MKV dark blue and 2 different black MKIVs...

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
saw an '02 or '03 blue tdi in buffalo at dash's on hertel around 5:00 pm. the tdi had maryland plates... and school textbooks adorning the speaker board.

HoageeBill

Veteran Member
TDI
'15GSW
Beetle-to-Go

I don't know if it's a diesel, but it's a bit unusual.

I was 'mucking about' in the TearJerkers' web site (for/by teardrop trailer aficionados) and spotted this.

<http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/detailfs?userid={4A739671-81EE-4F0C-BBB7-23C94895EEB3}&ndx=41&slideshow=0&AlbumId={7FD887B9-797C-4B96-B8A8-B70A7F320BC6}&GroupId={2BA6BD29-1AC5-48D2-B67F-75CD74675105}&screenheight=800>

Thought it might be of interest; hope it opens.

BG
__

Sorry, the URL worked for me the first time I tried it, but failed thereafter. It led to a photo of a teardrop trailer hitched up to a fairly recent bright red beetle. If you want to go look for it, it was in among photos from a recent TJ tri-state meet, accessible from the web-site that does come up. (Minimalist camping at its best!!)

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
A buddy called me this afternoon after seeing a dark blue, 2 door (golf?), lowered, nice rims & very sweet turbo whistle leave the Kent Island Crown station heading East. The buddy opined to me that he did not realize that you could make a TDI run so quick or sound so sweet.

Who ever you are, step up & take your accolades. The buddy ran stock cars in the 70's & performance boats in the 80's & 90's & is now into Ford trucks. He is a pretty good judge of an engine. You made an impression and possibly a convert.

FollowTheBlackRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
05 TDI Passat variant, 03 Dodge 2500 Cummins
no-blue-screen said:
I am surprised nobody spots me in the area. I am on I-95 and 495 all the time. Then again, I don't guess anyone is looking for a green jeep diesel with a tdiclub plate :)
Being both a Diesel fan and Jeep fan, belive me i am looking for you. I would kill to find a decently priced Cummins 4BT for my TJ.

Oh, i see Ian all the time but then again we work in the same building.

So whats up fellow DC area folks? Been havign any meets lately?

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
FollowTheBlackRabbit said:
Being both a Diesel fan and Jeep fan, belive me i am looking for you. I would kill to find a decently priced Cummins 4BT for my TJ.

Oh, i see Ian all the time but then again we work in the same building.

So whats up fellow DC area folks? Been havign any meets lately?
TDiFest, It was good.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
2 sightings today while walking around the Staples parking lot in Framingham, MA

Red A4 Jetta sedan from Colorado

White B4 sedan from MA

Ann

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
Greenwich, CT sighting

This morning (Oct 6th), southbound Lake Ave 745 AM: platinum grey metallic JSW with Syracuse sticker on rear window, roof rack, Langan VW plate frame. Looks like the pano roof is there too due to the sunlight streaming in....

I was the Laser Blue JSW behind you - lost you at the big Lake Ave rotary.

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
Blue A4 cruising down Main St in Bflo headed towards Buffalo-Niagra medical campus this AM ~9:15 (I know... I head to work late and leave early...). I was the cyclist checking out your car, which sounds nice by the way... Do you work on it yourself?

im no hero x

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Variant 5-spd
Mk4 TDI wagon seen tonight on the Saw Mill pkwy in Hawthorne, NY. Had a bumper sticker on it that said "Biodiesel Blend"

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
Saw two white Audi Q7 TDI's on rt 50 heading into DC. They both had "TDI Clean Diesel" stickers on the rear windows. I assume they were demo vehicles. That's the first time I have seen any Audi TDI.

ARDailey

TDI
2010 SportWagen TDi / 2017 GSW 4Motion
Saw a Black 2010 SportWagen...in my driveway. Picked it up last Monday. Can't believe I had to refuel after 450 miles on the 1st tank. ;)

Runs Pissah!! Can't wait to get past the break in period. Less than 300 miles to go until I can start having a wee bit more fun.

BTW, Any suggestions on a trailer hitch? I want to mount a bike rack on the hitch.

Thanks!

Last edited:

werdna

Veteran Member
An obscure corner of northeastern Massachusetts
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2013 Touareg Sport, 2015 GSW
In 700 miles driving around New Brunswick I saw one TDI the whole time. (Silver Golf, NS plates, in Fundy National Park and again later on the highway.)

Crossing back into the US, at the Irving station ($2.669/gallon) around the corner from the Calais border crossing and rather late at night, I briefly waited for a white Jetta in front of me at the pump (looked like tourists) and there was another one that had to wait for me (Border Patrol guy).

"Every day is GTG day in Calais!", I guess.

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
Saw a silver jetta A4 with ontario plates outside of TJ max off sheridan and niagara falls blvd in bflo, ny.

Last edited:

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
Here in the rural college towns I live near Ive actually seen quite a few
tdi's considering Im off the beaten path so to speak. Lately Ive seen two JSW TDI's, a TDI golf, a small variety of A4 model Jetta
TDI sedans and wagon's ...but no B4V TDI's Like mine!

TDI_Coast2Coast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI SW 6spd Manual
Spotted an A4 TDI Sedan with Georgia :confused: plates on Long Island, NY...

Also passed one in PA this weekend. Dude was smoking the fattest cigar I have ever seen. Looked like he was enjoying life :D.

SoaceMunky

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Anthracite Golf IV, 13 miles and counting ;)
Filling up at the Yardville rest area on the NJTPK($2.719/gal), among the three huge trailers was me, a gentleman in a mercedes, and later another gentleman pulled up to the big truck pump in a black jetta. :D

ScottRotman

TDI
Dark Blue 2000 Jetta GLS TDI
Blue Jetta TDI at the radnor house...

... in rosemont, PA. I have almost the identical car and was wondering if you are a member here!

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Had a club plate frame with MD tags for GW. You passed me going north on I-270 about the weight station just after 5pm.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I saw a certain somebody in his B4 @ garnet VW today. The duct tape was a nice touch :p.

Wife and I were test driving a 2010 Jetta TDI.

srmichi

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf
Saw a new silver golf tdi today over at home depot @ Lodi, Nj I think said hi to the driver

Last edited:

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Today I saw a 2010 two door Golf TDI!

On 93 north in Milton,MA. Slogging thru the morning traffic. My first Golf siting.

TDI_Coast2Coast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI SW 6spd Manual
Very odd...Saw a new Platinum Grey Jetta SW TDI(the color mine was supposed to be) on 347 near the Smithhaven Mall on Long Island, behind me with a video camera shooting my TDI :confused: Or he was just video taping himself driving and I just happen to be in front of him :p