06 Jetta Intercooler Hose Question

Tyler22474

TDI
'06 Jetta 1.9l Automatic DSG
Hi! I have a 2006 Jetta, and not too long ago, I took on the task of replacing the DMF in my DSG transmission. I had to take out the engine and trans to get to it, and obviously then had to unhook lots of wires and hoses to remove it. Apparently, I hooked up one of what I think is an intercooler hose clamps loosly, and it blew off yesterday. I was leaving a gas station, and as I sped up, I heard a pop, and I lost some power. Also, the car began making a horribly loud noise when i'd give it some gas. Like an exhaust leak started or something. At first, I suspected a hole has been punctured in the exhaust somewhere, as it's rusty because I live in Wisconsin, and we have salty roads in the winter. Anyway, I limped it home, and did some investigation, to find out that a hose clamp had simply came loose, letting a hose near the bottom of the radiator loose, causing loss of power and engine noise. I fixed it, and all is well now, but I did have a few questions for anyone who is more knowledgable in turbo systems. Just curious, not an expert in turbos. Thanks!

1. When the hose blew off, some oil came out of it. Is this normal, or a sign of a failing turbo?

2. Is the intercooler hose related to the exhaust? Why did the engine noise get a lot louder?

3. If I would've been further from home, would it be ok to leave the intercooler hose off until I had time to fix it? Would anything be harmed or damaged?

Thank you again!