Bosch settlement

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Anyone else on here applied yet for the Bosch settlement, who like myself (and I'm probably in a big minority here), opted out of the VW settlement and kept their car? The verbiage is awful on the settlement site - www.boschvwsettlement.com. I spoke with someone there and after 20 minutes on the phone, was told I properly registered on the site by choosing the option as a eligible seller, even though I opted out of the VW settlement (as mentioned above), still own the car, am the original owner, and have no plans to sell it.

My assessment is that the Bosch settlement website is a clusterf***. Almost like they're making it difficult on purpose.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Did you follow the Bosch online claim link as directed by the web page you linked to?

https://boschvwsettlement.mdl.online

It says the Bosch portal for owners who opted out of the VW settlement will open mid May.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Anyone else on here applied yet for the Bosch settlement, who like myself (and I'm probably in a big minority here), opted out of the VW settlement and kept their car? The verbiage is awful on the settlement site -
I spoke with someone there and after 20 minutes on the phone, was told I properly registered on the site by choosing the option as a eligible seller, even though I opted out of the VW settlement (as mentioned above), still own the car, am the original owner, and have no plans to sell it.
My assessment is that the Bosch settlement website is a clusterf***. Almost like they're making it difficult on purpose.
PK, there are many thousands of $$$$s in your BB

and lots of cash to do the fix.

You're the original owner

Why no cash for you?

guessing the fix might not be open for you 'cause of MODs?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Did you follow the Bosch online claim link as directed by the web page you linked to?

https://boschvwsettlement.mdl.online

It says the Bosch portal for owners who opted out of the VW settlement will open mid May.
Which doesn't make sense, because there's a deadline to apply for it. I called the 800 number on the card, and someone said I filled it out right, but I'm still not fully convinced.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
PK, there are many thousands of $$$$s in your BB

and lots of cash to do the fix.

You're the original owner

Why no cash for you?

guessing the fix might not be open for you 'cause of MODs?
I don't know what the hell you mean by a BB.

And what the hell do you care why I didn't opt for a fix, of which none was announced for the 2010 yet? Go troll someone else's thread.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Which doesn't make sense, because there's a deadline to apply for it. I called the 800 number on the card, and someone said I filled it out right, but I'm still not fully convinced.
The May 1 deadline is for eligible sellers, so doesn't apply to you.

I believe the reason for the delay is that the Bosch settlement isn't a sealed deal until a final court hearing scheduled May 14. The "approved settlement" language Bosch is using in their material is probably what they submitted to the court for approval. It appears you'll have until August to register.

Fyi BB = buyback

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
so just to reiterate, if anyone submitted a claim for the buy back or restitution and was approved there is no need to register again , correct?

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
From today's email.....

To Whom It May Concern,

This is a reminder for Bosch Class Members who fall into the following two categories to register online, at BoschVWSettlement.mdl.online by May 1, 2017, in order to have their claims considered for eligibility:

1. 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement Eligible Sellers who did not identify themselves by the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period for the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement. You must register to participate in the Bosch Settlement if you meet ALL of the below conditions:
a. Purchased an eligible 2.0-liter vehicle on or before September 18, 2015;
b. Sold that vehicle after September 18, 2015, but before June 28, 2016;
c. Did not opt out of the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement; AND
d. Did not identify yourself by September 16, 2016 (the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period in the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement).

1. 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement Eligible Former Owners of an Eligible Vehicle who will not be filing a claim in the 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement. You must register to participate in the Bosch Settlement if you meet the following conditions:
a. Purchased an eligible 3.0-liter vehicle on or before September 18, 2015; AND
b. Sold that vehicle after September 18, 2015, but on or before January 31, 2017.
OR
c. Purchased an eligible 3.0-liter vehicle on or before November 2, 2015; AND
d. Sold that vehicle after November 2, 2015, but on or before January 31, 2017.

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU FILED (OR WILL FILE) A CLAIM IN ONE OR BOTH OF THE 2.0-LITER OR 3.0-LITER VOLKSWAGEN SETTLEMENTS, AND THE CLAIM IS APPROVED, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY AN ELIGIBLE CLASS MEMBER IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT AND WILL RECEIVE PAYMENT IF YOU DO NOT OPT OUT OF THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT. IF THIS DESCRIBES YOUR SITUATION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE A CLAIM IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT.

Once registered, Bosch Class Members will receive future correspondence from the Claims Administrator regarding when and how to file a complete claim. If and when final approval of the Bosch Settlement is granted by the Court, the categories of Bosch Class Members described above will have 60 days to file their claims.

The deadlines for other categories of Bosch Class Members to register and file a claim are as follows:

1. Bosch Class Members who opted out of the 2.0-liter and/or 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlements must file a claim no later than August 15, 2017.

1. All other Bosch Class Members, including those who do not file a claim in the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlements, have until December 31, 2019, to file a claim.
For more information about the Bosch Settlement, please visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com or call the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-844-305-1928.

Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
so just to reiterate, if anyone submitted a claim for the buy back or restitution and was approved there is no need to register again , correct?
Absolutely. According to the reminding email sent out by Porsche yesterday.

"Approved" means when you get an offer for buyback if you elect to do so, I guess.

Last edited:

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI and 2011 Sportwagen TDI
I actually still don't understand what I'm supposed to do with Bosch. I received the same email.

I had 2 tdi's. I sold one to BB a couple of months ago. I'm still driving the 2nd one until I find a replacement car.
The way I understand it is that when I sold the first one back, I was automatically registered for bosch, and when the 2nd one goes back, I will be registered again. I might wait the full two years that VW allows, so I guess I won't get a bosch check on that one for awhile?

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I actually still don't understand what I'm supposed to do with Bosch. I received the same email.

I had 2 tdi's. I sold one to BB a couple of months ago. I'm still driving the 2nd one until I find a replacement car.
The way I understand it is that when I sold the first one back, I was automatically registered for bosch, and when the 2nd one goes back, I will be registered again. I might wait the full two years that VW allows, so I guess I won't get a bosch check on that one for awhile?
Then you go to Bosch website to register your second car and you'll get the bosch money without filing a claim for VW settlement.

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
Then you go to Bosch website to register your second car and you'll get the bosch money without filing a claim for VW settlement.
I don't meet the requirements of an eligible seller though. This seems overly confusing :(

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I actually still don't understand what I'm supposed to do with Bosch.
Absolutely nothing. The only time you need to do something with Bosch is if you:

• Opted out of the VW settlement
  • Were an Eligible Seller who failed to file in time
  • or simply never filed a claim with VW before the claims period ended (which is another 18 months from now)
If you filed an approved claim with VW (and you'll know it's approved when you get an offer letter), you'll get paid by Bosch automatically.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI

You can initiate the VW process for the second car now. There's no need to wait until you're ready, and there's no need to choose a buyback date (or fix appointment) until you're ready.

Also, "eligible seller" means you sold your car after the scandal broke, but before the settlement was finalized (there's a specific date range). You're not one of those, so you can disregard that language any time you come across it in both the VW and Bosch material.

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
You can initiate the VW process for the second car now. There's no need to wait until you're ready, and there's no need to choose a buyback date (or fix appointment) until you're ready.

Also, "eligible seller" means you sold your car after the scandal broke, but before the settlement was finalized (there's a specific date range). You're not one of those, so you can disregard that language any time you come across it in both the VW and Bosch material.
Thanks for trying to help. I'm still thoroughly confused by their website. I don't qualify as an eligible seller, and that's the only way I can find any registration. I clicked "submit a claim" and it took me to the eligible seller section.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
For the nth time, you don't need to register. You don't need to do anything with Bosch. At all.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
But he HAS, because he has already gone through one buyback, and is evidently waiting with the other one while continuing to drive it (see post #12).

Nothing further needs to be done. They are already in the system.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
But he HAS, because he has already gone through one buyback, and is evidently waiting with the other one while continuing to drive it (see post #12).

Exactly. Now the original poster to this thread, he opted out of the VW settlement, so he'll need to register with Bosch, presumably when their claims portal opens in mid-May.

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI

I actually don't know where I stand with the 2nd vehicle. I was gonna file a claim closer to the deadline for turning them in. I'm keeping it awhile.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
File the claim now and stick it in your back pocket. Filing the claim with VW automatically enables the Bosch settlement if you are eligible for it. You don't have to follow through with the buyback or fix until mid to late 2018 - just take the process far enough that the next step is setting the buyback appointment, then hold off with doing so.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Just received email from my CAS attorney

Dear Client,

You may have recently received the notice regarding the Bosch class action settlement. It is an official notice from Bosch, and please read it carefully. To view the notice, click the word “notice” anywhere it appears in this email.

The notice is a reminder that this coming Monday, May 1, 2017, is the deadline for 2.0 "Eligible Sellers" and for 3.0 "Eligible Former Owners" to register for the Bosch settlement.

If a 2.0 Eligible Seller or a 3.0 Eligible Former Owner, as described in the notice, does not register by Monday, May 1, 2017, the claimant will not be able to receive any money in the Bosch settlement.

The notice provides additional details about precisely who must file register by Monday, May 1, 2017.

To comply with this process, or for questions about filing your claim, please visit www.BoschVWSettlement.mdl.online or call the Bosch Claims Administrator at 1-844-305-1928.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,

Hilliard Munoz Gonzales, LLP

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
And whats new here that has not already been discussed to death in the thread title "Bosch Settlement" that you (2015vwgolfdiesel) have been actively participating in. Why yet another new thread?

nick1994

TDI
2013 VW Beetle TDI - 52k
The Bosch letter I got said that anyone who registered for the buyback/repair is already signed up for the Bosch settlement and that no further action is required.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
....guessing Pk is in a special situation.

.... speculating he has MODs in the goatwagin' that disqualifies the "fix" or that he desires to keep it that way, thus the opt-out

.... PK, did you get a branded title?

..... Is the $350 your best shot at DG $$$$s ?
Seriously. I opted out, because I want to keep the f***ing car. It has nothing to do with mods, or having livestock in the car. Please mods, make this troll go away.

No I don't have a branded title. I don't own any vehicles with branded titles.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
That's where it becomes confusing for me as well, since I'm not an eligible seller, although the only proof I have of opting out is the return receipt when I sent the letter via certified mail to the Court.

Exactly. Now the original poster to this thread, he opted out of the VW settlement, so he'll need to register with Bosch, presumably when their claims portal opens in mid-May.
Aha, that makes more sense. I spoke with someone at that 844 number, and they seemed to be as thoroughly confused as myself and others on my thread.

Last edited:

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
And whats new here that has not already been discussed to death in the thread title "Bosch Settlement" that you (2015vwgolfdiesel) have been actively participating in. Why yet another new thread?
lol....,

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
New Bosch Email Recv'd

got a new email from Bosch regarding its settlement:

This is a reminder for Bosch Class Members who fall into the following two categories to register online, at BoschVWSettlement.mdl.online by May 1, 2017, in order to have their claims considered for eligibility:

1. 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement Eligible Sellers who did not identify themselves by the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period for the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement. You must register to participate in the Bosch Settlement if you meet ALL of the below conditions:
b. Sold that vehicle after September 18, 2015, but before June 28, 2016;
c. Did not opt out of the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement; AND
d. Did not identify yourself by September 16, 2016 (the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period in the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement).

1. 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement Eligible Former Owners of an Eligible Vehicle who will not be filing a claim in the 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement. You must register to participate in the Bosch Settlement if you meet the following conditions:
a. Purchased an eligible 3.0-liter vehicle on or before September 18, 2015; AND
b. Sold that vehicle after September 18, 2015, but on or before January 31, 2017.

OR
c. Purchased an eligible 3.0-liter vehicle on or before November 2, 2015; AND
d. Sold that vehicle after November 2, 2015, but on or before January 31, 2017.

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU FILED (OR WILL FILE) A CLAIM IN ONE OR BOTH OF THE 2.0-LITER OR 3.0-LITER VOLKSWAGEN SETTLEMENTS, AND THE CLAIM IS APPROVED, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY AN ELIGIBLE CLASS MEMBER IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT AND WILL RECEIVE PAYMENT IF YOU DO NOT OPT OUT OF THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT. IF THIS DESCRIBES YOUR SITUATION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE A CLAIM IN THE BOSCH SETTLEMENT.

Once registered, Bosch Class Members will receive future correspondence from the Claims Administrator regarding when and how to file a complete claim. If and when final approval of the Bosch Settlement is granted by the Court, the categories of Bosch Class Members described above will have 60 days to file their claims.

The deadlines for other categories of Bosch Class Members to register and file a claim are as follows:

1. Bosch Class Members who opted out of the 2.0-liter and/or 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlements must file a claim no later than August 15, 2017.

1. All other Bosch Class Members, including those who do not file a claim in the 2.0-liter or 3.0-liter Volkswagen Settlements, have until December 31, 2019, to file a claim.
For more information about the Bosch Settlement, please visit www.BoschVWSettlement.com or call the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-844-305-1928.

Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator

i'm looking forward to a $350 check ... it will pay for HVAC maintenance this year and next (my VW Goodwill payment provided for extended dealer maintenance and a 10-year house painting coverage)

willie
on the 'VW "ka-ching" Gulf of Mexico

p.s. wish we had bought a 3.0 Audi TDI for even more money!!!

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement Eligible Sellers who did not identify themselves by the end of the Eligible Seller Identification Period for the 2.0-liter Volkswagen Settlement. You must register to participate in the Bosch Settlement if you meet ALL of the below conditions:

I did NOT opt out of the VW settlement, but I did purchase AFTER 9/18/15
This means I'm NOT eligible correct?