Bosch Settlement email

schultp

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen, 6sp manual
So, I had done my buyback with VW a few weeks ago. Now I received an email stating I will get another check from Bosch as part of their settlement and that I don't have to do a thing. If there is a thread already I must have missed it. Please redirect me if that is the case. If not, did anyone else get this email? How do they determine the settlement amount? How do I get that info?

Again, my apologies if this is already out there. I don't come to this forum regularly like I once did.

Paul.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Well shoot, the only Bosch-related emails I have are shipment notifications for tools and windshield wipers!

I've heard this additional portion of the settlement is in the pipeline, but I think all the info so far has been third-hand. Is the email directly from Bosch? Any specifics?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd read that thread but didn't regard the email as "official notice" even though it was from a class attorney, I guess because I thought it was in response to other communication. Is that the official notice to entire class? I definitely didn't receive it, not even in spam. Still feels kind of like third hand info but I'll roll with it.

Edit: I visited boschvwsettlement.com and it's still awaiting final approval, but that's official enough. Here's the postcard they'll mail: https://boschvwsettlement.com/Content/Documents/2L Postcard Notice.pdf but it looks like we're awaiting a May 11th final approval hearing. I wonder if I can work a trade for wholesale pricing on a new table saw?

Last edited:

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW - DG Buyback
[FONT=&quot]To Whom It May Concern,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]This is an Important, Court-Approved Notice About a Class Action Settlement[/FONT]

You are receiving this email notice because you are a current or former owner/lessee of a 2.0-liter TDI Volkswagen or Audi vehicle. You may be eligible to receive an [FONT=&quot]additional[/FONT] payment from a settlement with [FONT=&quot]Bosch[/FONT], another defendant in the same lawsuit (“Bosch Settlement”). Your payment could be up to $350 [FONT=&quot]in addition to[/FONT] what you may be eligible to receive from the 2.0-liter Settlement with Volkswagen/Audi (“2.0-liter Settlement”).

[FONT=&quot]What Are My Rights? What Do I Need To Do?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If you already filed, or if you file in the future, an approved claim in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you will [FONT=&quot]automatically[/FONT] receive a payment through the Bosch Settlement. Go to [FONT=&quot]www.VWCourtSettlement.com[/FONT] to file a claim online any time before [FONT=&quot]September 1, 2018[/FONT].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If you have excluded yourself from the 2.0-liter Settlement, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until [FONT=&quot]August 15, 2017[/FONT].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If you are an Eligible Seller and missed the Identification Deadline in the 2.0-liter Settlement, you have until [FONT=&quot]May 1, 2017[/FONT] to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If you do not file a claim in the 2.0-liter settlement, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until [FONT=&quot]December 31, 2019[/FONT].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]You can object to or exclude yourself from the Bosch Settlement by [FONT=&quot]April 14, 2017[/FONT]. If you do not exclude yourself from the Bosch Settlement, you will not be able to sue Bosch separately for the claims this Settlement resolves.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Any exclusion request or objection you submitted for the 2.0-liter Settlement has no effect in the Bosch Settlement, except that you will have to submit a claim form in the Bosch Settlement, available at [FONT=&quot]www.BoschVWSettlement.com[/FONT], before [FONT=&quot]September 1, 2018[/FONT] to receive benefits.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The Court will hold a hearing on May 11, 2017 to consider whether to grant final approval to the Bosch Settlement.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Attorneys representing the class will request Court approval of attorneys’ fees and costs. Those fees and costs will be paid from the settlement fund.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Visit [FONT=&quot]www.BoschVWSettlement.com[/FONT] or contact a representative of the Claims Administrator, toll-free, Monday through Friday, except for recognized holidays, at 1-844-305-1928, for more details on the Bosch Settlement and your rights and options.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sincerely,

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator[/FONT]

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
i got the email too, do you have to do anything about it like submitting anything?

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
;)Haven't gotten the e-mail yet, but I am curious what happens to those of us who already did our buyback; do we now have to check "I used to own" and get partial, or do we check "I currently own" despite turning the car in...? :D

PDX_TDI

TDI
2013 JETTA w/ PREMIUM PKG
If you filed or choose to file a claim in the VW Settlements, you do not need to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If your VW Settlement claim is approved, you will automatically receive a check in the mail from the Bosch Settlement.

Prob wont see any checks until FALL 2017, if that. Could be later.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
If you filed or choose to file a claim in the VW Settlements, you do not need to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If your VW Settlement claim is approved, you will automatically receive a check in the mail from the Bosch Settlement.

Prob wont see any checks until FALL 2017, if that. Could be later.
It could get complicated for people who have moved since they completed the VW end of things.

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW (GoneBack) - replaced with '15 Azera and '16 Fiat 500e.
It could get complicated for people who have moved since they completed the VW end of things.
Yeah, likely need to contact the boschvwsettlement group and notify them of the change.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Nice. I'll take it. The truck is thirsty, lol.

If you move...you'll get the check as long as you forward your mail (go to usps.com). Just keep an eye on your email. USPS will email when you mail forwarding stops.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Whereas the car's buyback value was derived from something tangible, I don't know how to interpret the Bosch value.

Frankly, I'm not sure Bosch owes me a thing because they were acting as a contractor to VW. But I also suspect by 2015 (my model year Passat), Bosch knew what VW was up to and was a willing participant.

So... why is the Bosch software loaded into my ECU worth $350, vs Audi's Bosch software at $1500? Is it based on Bosch profit from these respective lines? Some sort of average vehicle value? Excess pollution created? Does someone know?

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
What about for those of us that have already had their claims completed and closed? I ask because I did not receive this email. I turned my car in on January 14th and my claim record shows as closed.

PDX_TDI

TDI
2013 JETTA w/ PREMIUM PKG
What about for those of us that have already had their claims completed and closed? I ask because I did not receive this email. I turned my car in on January 14th and my claim record shows as closed.
I'd give it a week before Id complain...check your email folders often...Mine showed up in the SPAM folder in gmail.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
If you were approved for the VW TDI claim, you're automatically participating in the Bosch settlement. That's regardless of whether you received an email. But there's a "fairness hearing" scheduled for May 11th, and after that who knows what, so don't expect anything until summer.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I sold back my car in early December, and I got the Bosch e-mail.

BudMan5

TDI
2009 Jetta
I turned my Jetta in to VW in November. Got the email today.

I would ask stupid questions about the email (that actually answers those same questions) but that's just me being pissy

It looks like those who have already turned the car in only get $175.

An Eligible Owner of an Eligible Vehicle in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement will receive $350 in the Bosch Settlement, except that if an Eligible Seller has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle, or if an Eligible Lessee has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle, the Eligible Owner will receive $175.
An Eligible Seller in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement who has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim will receive $175 in the Bosch Settlement.
An Eligible Lessee in the VW 2.0-liter Settlement will receive $200 in the Bosch Settlement.
An Eligible Owner of an Eligible Vehicle in the 3.0-liter Settlement will receive $1,500 in the Bosch Settlement unless:
An Eligible Former Owner has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle in the VW 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the $1,500 payment will be split equally ($750 each) between the Eligible Former Owner and the Eligible Owner.
An Eligible Former Lessee has identified himself or herself and filed an approved claim for the Eligible Vehicle in the VW 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the Eligible Owner will receive $750 in the Bosch Settlement.
Two Eligible Former Owners have identified themselves and filed approved claims for the Eligible Vehicle in the 3.0-liter Settlement, in which case the $1,500 will be split among the Eligible Owner and the two Eligible Former Owners, with $750 going to the Eligible Owner and $375 each to the two Eligible Former Owners.

Last edited:

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
no postcard, no email, no worries...

i'll take the 6,000 miles in fuel money and drive happy!

willie
on a 'smile with every mile' Gulf of Meico