En route to the Fest

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
This thread is more to keep each other apprised of progress en route to the Fest. As I am typing this, I am at a truck stop in Osseo, WI.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I am at home still, but I will be packing up the F-350 and cruising over to the hotel tomorrow. I booked the room a day early to get some stuff done before everyone else shows up.

RUSHtheBUS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan. #13,500
Anyone want to convoy from the NYC area? I plan on leaving Long Island at 4 am friday and be on the NJ side by 5 am to beat rush hour through the city.

Also, some one from Jersey please remind me, what are those black numbers on white signs that are posted on the side of the turnpike used for again?

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
I will finally be "En route pour le Fest!" in a few if all goes well.
Dieseleux had some last minute issues with his setup. That delayed the schedule a bit...
See you there

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Right now I am at a Super 8 near exit 118 on the Ohio Turnpike - will continue from there.

The Ohio Turnpike needs to get its act together - they had portable message signs up on the eastbound side stating that people going to Cedar Point should use exit 118. However, there was a closure of two of the three eastbound lanes between exits 110 and 118, with no sign prior to exit 110. As a result, I got stuck in traffic.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
arne487 said:
Just wait until you get to the PA turnpike where the speed limit changes every 10 miles.
I'm leaving 8am Friday. I'm thinking of forgetting the PA turnpike and go down 79 to 68 and over. A change of scenery is always good.

Greg

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Since I am getting ready to pack the computer up, I will post this now:

I am leaving between 5am-6am on Thursday with the intention of getting to the hotel between 1pm-2pm.

490 miles if I can average 70, that 'should' work.

See everyone there!

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
LanduytG said:
I'm leaving 8am Friday. I'm thinking of forgetting the PA turnpike and go down 79 to 68 and over. A change of scenery is always good.

Greg
79 and 68 are much more fun than 76, especially with a TDI on those mountains.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Soonest I could get out was 0605 Friday morning...thank goodness this TDI will be doing 600 MPH! ...will be arriving in the afternoon...
-BB

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Arrived one day early, but so far am a little PO'd. Enterprise did not have any of the VW's in. So I took my business elsewhere.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
BKmetz is here... jasonTDI should be arriving within the hour.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Looks like I'm gonna be late. Just put the addy for the hotel into my iPhone maps and it said 58 miles and 19 hours 25 mins. I sure hope doesn't take me that long.

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
jettafock said:
Looks like I'm gonna be late. Just put the addy for the hotel into my iPhone maps and it said 58 miles and 19 hours 25 mins. I sure hope doesn't take me that long.
i bet you had it on public transportation or walking... ive done the same thing...