Golf Mk 6 2012 1.6TDI Blue Motion Turbo Replaced

DeenoThirdUK

TDI
2012 Golf MK 6 1.6TDI Estate Blue Motion
Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum, club an Golf TDIs.

I bought the car last October it was serviced before delivered but someone forgot to tighten the sump plug so she decided to dump all the engine oil into the road 2 weeks after I had taken delivery. The engine shut down as soon as the pressure dropped bu it destroyed the turbo. I have a 2 year warranty so they replaced the turbo with a new Garret and it feels like it has no guts lower down the range and Boosts around 2200+ Revs. I know the car originally had more power below that the garage however disagrees. Its really taken the shine off my dream car. Please help, is it something they have done or not done or does anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance. Im a noob here so please excuse me if posting in wrong section.

Deeno

Zak3

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Audi A3 8L (from AGR to ARL)
Check injectors, they tend to fail often on 1.6tdi

Take the fuel filter cap and check if you have any metal shavings in it, if it is then you’re good for a complete kit change pump+injectors

DeenoThirdUK

TDI
Check injectors, they tend to fail often on 1.6tdi

Take the fuel filter cap and check if you have any metal shavings in it, if it is then you’re good for a complete kit change pump+injectors
Thanks I will have a look, I thought maybe the Turbo wasnt set up properly

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
That's the problem when a turbo dies and you simple replace it...

Was the oil on the intake checked? Was a compression test done to the engine?

DeenoThirdUK

TDI
That's the problem when a turbo dies and you simple replace it...

Was the oil on the intake checked? Was a compression test done to the engine?
Well that's what I thought but the garage assured me everything had been tested and set up correctly, their answer was getter tested if we are wrong send us the bill. I don't have money growing on trees.

I changed the fuel filter today, just a couple of mettalic specs but nothing major, although the fuel in the container looked black just nasty, and the fuel filter seemed that way also.

Cleaned it all, topped up with clean fuel and new filter, primed and runs like a dream.

Still not convinced something somewhere has been set right, so frustrating.

Last edited: