Gas station parameters

binsr

TDI
'12 Golf TDI DSG; bhw waiting for a new home
Do you know where I can find data listed below?

1. Gas station age
  2. Cetane numbers of diesel fuel
  3. Customer volume
  4. Fuel origin

Any advice on locating this data?
Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Do you know where I can find data listed below?

1. Gas station age
  2. Cetane numbers of diesel fuel
  3. Customer volume
  4. Fuel origin

Any advice on locating this data?
Thanks

1) County building permit records, maybe?
2) There are several threads here about this. None are under 40 and few are over 50. It varies widely based mostly on location but somewhat on brand (see 4 below). Many have asked but the retailers are not usually very open about this.
3) Location, Location, Location. Usually no such records are public.
4) In any given area almost all fuel (gas or diesel) comes from the same refinery or pipelines. The difference between brands is usually not the base fuel but (if you are lucky) it is in the additive package added to the tanker truck that delivers the fuel to the station.

Have Fun!

Don

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Get a job at the company that owns the gas station(s) in question that allows you to have access to the company records. Public records will most likely be a bust if the station(s) in question have not changed ownership.

binsr

TDI
'12 Golf TDI DSG; bhw waiting for a new home
Thanks for the responses. I have access to all publications, I work at a university maybe that will help. Will let you know what I was able to gather. Might take some time.

I also keep a log of all fuel ups, miles, price and location. I did this for all my cars but I think I will add data such as amount of city and highway driving with the average speeds. Curios on what comes out of this.

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I also keep a log of all fuel ups, miles, price and location. I did this for all my cars but I think I will add data such as amount of city and highway driving with the average speeds. Curios on what comes out of this.
You would probably sleep better at night if you just filled up when the gauge hits an 1/8 of a tank... drive more, worry less.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
binsr: you would also need to include tire tread depth, tire PSI, ambient temps...the OCD list is endless. I know, because I live (d?) there for a long time. At 64, I've gradually been able to let go of...of...some of the OCD behavior.

Hope you don't mind some gentle needling...drive some, worry less...