TDIFest Show'n'Shine

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Here is some preliminary info on Sunday's Show'n'Shine

Starting at 9am people can start cleaning their cars and doing the last minute items on them. We will start directing cars were to park around 11am with judging will start at 12 noon.

You will be given a Show'n'Shine form to fill out when registering. Please fill that in and place it on your dash. Your car number will be your registration number which is also found on your badge.

As for judging it self, there will be three judges scoring on 5 different items with equal weight.
  • Outside
  • Underside
  • Engine *
  • Interior (including the trunk)*
  • Mileage
* If the engine and interior are not open and available when judging occurs, no points will be given for these sections. However, if you can't hang around for the two and a half hours for judging to take place and to talk to other people doing the "People's Choice" judgeing, please make arrangements with the judges in advance.

PS, the mileage category is the equalizer for those low vs high mileage vehicles.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
how many points does the mileage give you? is it for overall mileage or broken down to avg. of how many miles a year?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm looking forward to it! I got the ECOdiesel washed yesterday... I haven't seen it looking this good in a loooong time. Now I just need to clean out the interior. :)

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I'm pondering whether I should enter my Benz in the Show and shine. It could be a curiosity, but do we really need another one?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
You should enter it. It will be competing against the ECOdiesel in the "Other Diesels" category. :D

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I'll be damned if I'm going to scrub the underside of my car. Anyone bring a small child who would like to earn some money?:D

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
VeeDubTDI said:
You should enter it. It will be competing against the ECOdiesel in the "Other Diesels" category. :D
Is there an award for loudest car? I might be able to win that one. A Mercedes with a glasspack isn't quiet. A bunch of Harley drivers were eyeing me the other day for disturbing their peace :eek:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hehe... that's like my 300SDL with no cat, no muffler. That monster bellowed like a Mack truck. Sounded good, too. :D

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I define "underside" as the non-painted parts like tires, wheels, wheel wells, etc. I have no plans to crawl under the car inspect how clean your brake lines are! :)

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
VW Derf said:
I define "underside" as the non-painted parts like tires, wheels, wheel wells, etc. I have no plans to crawl under the car inspect how clean your brake lines are! :)
Damn it, I new I should have waited. I got a daschund soaped up chasing a ball to go back and forth under the car. The brake lines are glowing! You could use one of those inspection mirrors like Immigration uses.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
What are the classes?

Stock? Mild? Custom? etc.......

If it's stock, i'll have you know, my Golf is a special Canadian Edition! :D

Pete

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Is there going to be any water or hoses supplied to aide in the cleanup for the show and shine? I am asking as some of us have to drive long distances and may get some bugs and grime on the way up?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
yes, theres a place designated for washing cars behind the hotel. i will be bringing a 4 hose splitter along with one hose. not sure if anyone else will be bringing a hose or not. bring your own cleaning supplies though. that i will not be sharing. my rents never taught me that.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
ATLSilverTDI said:
Is there going to be any water or hoses supplied to aide in the cleanup for the show and shine? I am asking as some of us have to drive long distances and may get some bugs and grime on the way up?
I don't see your name on the Who's Registered list. :confused: