Time to move on - 2005 PD Golf

Sooch

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
It's time for me to move on. I have had this car since new, bought in Bryan, TX on Dec 31, 2005. I lived in Houston and drove 75 miles a day to commute for work. In 2006 we moved to Iowa, and I have a 10 mile commute, so no reason for a TDI. She's been a great car. I have UOA's but that is about it since I have always done my own maintenance. Iron levels trending lower than most engines. I have run Mobile 1 TDT since 50K miles. She's due for a timing belt in about 5K miles. I have the kit, with bolts and t-stat kit from idparts.com and all the metalnerd tools from the last time I did it. I could do it, or you could and get to know your new car. Engine support and mount bolts all go with the car. Also some spare parts and gaskets. Car has a frostheater installed too for these cold midwest winters. Have the original turbo replaced at 45K with a VNT17. I have a spare set of injectors that I was going to have rebuilt with bosio nozzles if I was going to keep the car. Injectors go with too. Spare ECU and alligator tuned tuner from Kerma also go with. I have several VNT17/22 Rocketchip tunes that go with also, though I never used them. Spare rims with snows, and I will get you new tires with the new steel rims that I also have waiting in my basement. Stock aluminum rims are yours if you want them, but they all have slow leaks, with about 20K lwft on the tires. They must be porous or leaking under the paint, so I got new steelies for this Spring. I'm going muscle car since I don't drive much these days. No need for a fuel efficient TDI anymore. Accepting reasonable offers. I would rather sell this to a good TDI guy/gal vs some average dealer on a trade. Pictures to come...

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6928

Last edited:

Sooch

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
It's certainly a driveable good car. It's my daily until I get something else, lol. Has been for 13 years. If I could just get these GD pictures to load up...

Finally got the pics up. She's got 155K miles on her now. I could drive it for another 10 years I guess, but I'm bored. Have my eyes on a Scat Pack Challenger these days, since my commute is like 7 miles, lol. What's the opinion on a price here? $5500? Oh it would come with a spare ECU and a bunch of other goodies, including a brand new EGR cooler in case you wanted to revert back to stock. Also have the licensed Ross-Tech Key-USB cable too.

Last edited: