Dual Diaphram Clutch Kit (& VR6) Group Buy

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Thanks guys, perhaps it's a combination of all 3 :). It all makes sense though....

Meanwhile, back to the group buy--we're at 5 confirmed, fence sitters let me know! :)
Dual Diaphram Kit Signup Sheet--Standard G60 flywheels unless noted
(Bold have already sent me payment--makes things easier for me to track!)
1) Fix_until_broke '03 Jetta
2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
3) Sebpt '03 Jetta
4) mr.mindless '02 Jetta
+20th Anniversary rear brake upgrade kit
5) Mishkaya '06 Jetta

ReferenceDesign

Veteran Member
I will need the std weight G60, both bolt sets, the throwout bearing, the disc and the dual diaphram. Cost? Do you supply an alignment key?

What is the difference in construction between a DD and a regular clutch?

What forms of payment do you accept?

Charlie

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
I've had a dual diaphram on my car. it will cause the clutch fork to bend. You'll need to weld up the side or buy the clutch arm from ??? (can't recall the place) but they weld in a peice of steel and weld up the sides.

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
03_01_TDI said:
I've had a dual diaphram on my car. it will cause the clutch fork to bend. You'll need to weld up the side or buy the clutch arm from ??? (can't recall the place) but they weld in a peice of steel and weld up the sides.
I'd like to hear more about your DD clutch. Brand, holding force, pedal height, drivability etc.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Asked my vendor, got this response...
We have been selling the clutch kit with the dual diaphragm cover since Dec
of 2005. All the D/D covers come from the same vendor. We have purchased
and sold close to 100 covers. I have sold more then half of them myself and
have never heard about a clutch release bearing arm problem. The clutch
slave cyl and master cyl would fail along with the arm if the cover was that
stiff.

ishmael010

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
The Clutch kits

BB-
I'm new to the forums, and have been gathering information about things I need to do to get the most out of my TDI - an '03 with 48000 miles on it. I understand the stock clutch is problematic, and wanted to check out your dual diaphram kit. I was looking through the kits you list and wasn't sure about the asking price for this particular kit using the Dual Diaphram and the G60 flywheel. Perhaps you can list it again for a new bonehead here, and is there a pilot tool available to install with?
Thanks in advance!

Ish :)
BleachedBora said:
Thanks guys, perhaps it's a combination of all 3 :). It all makes sense though....

Meanwhile, back to the group buy--we're at 5 confirmed, fence sitters let me know! :)
2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
3) Sebpt '03 Jetta
4) mr.mindless '02 Jetta
5) Mishkaya '06 Jetta

BleachedBora

TDI
No problem Ish--welcome to the club! I just clarified the original post with the pricing in red, as well as other important information in blue.
The stock dual mass flywheel does cause problems, especially when you start doing performance mods. If you are not doing a lot of mods yet and if you are not slipping then you don't need a clutch yet, as much as I would love to sell you a kit!
For most people with mild mods the VR6 kit ($385 shipped with the transmission stretch bolts) is more than enough holding power. However, if you want to go with some crazy power, and want to take advantage of this special deal, then the dual diaphram kit is probably the best kit out there that maintains stocklike feel, massive holding power, and takes advantage of the single mass flywheel. As my vendor has told me, the turbo VR6s use the kit and he has as of yet never had a kit returned to him. As for pilot tool, I am looking at sourcing them, but I had an alignment tool I spent $30 from Impex--it arrived broken, and it was 1 in the morning, we were in the middle of installing things. I found that a broom handle was low tech, but worked perfectly. I've had many people use that since then and all have said it worked great, and saved them having to have another tool lying around the place.
Please let me know if you have further questions, I hope that this answers them!
Cheers,
-BB

BleachedBora

TDI
OEM molds--they are the exact same flywheels that all other vendors on the club sell. I have heard complaints on some Chinese flywheels; there are 3 brands I use, all from the OEM molds, with some having the VW/AUDI symbol on the side. I have not had a complaint yet! :)
-BB

Sebpt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (SOLD). 2005 MB E320 CDI
pulling out of GB

Sorry BleachBora but I am pooping the GB out...going to buy from a local vendor I cannot mention here...I am sure your kits will do well

Sebpt

BleachedBora

TDI
It's ok Sebpt--sorry it didn't work out, but I understand! :)

2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
3) mr.mindless '02 Jetta
4) Mishkaya '06 Jetta
5) Bob S.
6) Lupin_the_3rd '96 Passat

Last edited:

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
buy bora u cant go wrong

man oh man
i would stick with bora. his kits are great i use them all the time never had a problem they hold up great.
thanks bleached bora for selling so cheap i cant pass up the buy:D

oh bora stands behind his product i like that

BleachedBora

TDI
You're added and paid for Lupin--thanks and have a wonderful day! :)

2) Brew1 '03 Jetta
3) mr.mindless '02 Jetta
4) Mishkaya '06 Jetta
5) Bob S.
6) Lupin_the_3rd '96 Passat

Last edited:

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
brew1 said:
I'd like to hear more about your DD clutch. Brand, holding force, pedal height, drivability etc.
clutchnet.com was the DD pressure plate I was using.

Drivability was fine and pedal engagement was really low but drivable.

MarkWaddle

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS Black
with 3 passengers and some 90 MPH cruising my clutch started overheating and slipping slightly. put me on the list as a definite. is it ok if i paypal the $649?

edit: i just saw your note on paypal fees. i will google checkout the money to you.

Last edited:

z33

TDI
'02 Golf TDI, '01 Jetta TDI
Ordered my G60/VR6 clutch kit on Tuesday, Shipped on Wednesday, Recieved it Friday and Installed it today, Everything was Perfect! Bump for an A+++++++ Vendor

Thanks again Aaron!!!!

Edit: Google checkout worked perfect, smooth transaction and they even emailed me when the order shipped!

BleachedBora

TDI
Thanks Z for the kind words!
Mark--please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send an invoice.
I appreciate everyones support in the group buy--3 more to go!

Last edited:

T-Y

TDI
2005 PD Jetta Wagon
Aaron, I know I'm gonna need it. Why don't you just add me to the list. How do we handle payment?

Edit: How about you add a 0.681 5th gear to that order too? Thanks!

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
No problem guys (including the gear) ;). I am in Seattle right now, will be back home tonight and will get the invoices out. T-Y, please send me your email address and I'll get an invoice out to you via Google Checkout.
Cheers everyone!
-BB

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
BB you can put me down for one of the dd. clutches, I will get a list with some other thing I need to you soon and pay up for all.

Thanks
O.C.TDI

BleachedBora

TDI
Thanks O.C.--that makes only one more! I will be ordering these as soon as the flywheels come in, which I was told today will probably be two weeks from Friday (29th). That means I'll have them that Tuesday and will get them right out from there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll get his shipment in on that date :)

Last edited:

AtomicDog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, black
How should the life/durability of the DD clutch compare to the regular VR6 one you're selling with, say, just a chip? I need to do my clutch soon and don't plan on doing any performance mods in addition to my chip besides injectors possibly, so I don't need the holding power of the DD clutch. If it'll handle more abuse and last longer, I might just go with the DD rather than the stock VR6 clutch as I planned.

BleachedBora

TDI
From what my vendor tells me it's about as bulletproof a clutch you can get for your car while maintaining stocklike driveability--in other words it will last a very long time. If turbo VR6 guys take it to the track and abuse it all the time then it can take some punishment. Similarly, I have some people that get hybrid turbos and run stock programming because they want something to last longer. If you are one of those people then this might be just the choice for you. If not however, then the VR6 should suit you well. It's like the difference between our 1.9TDI vs the V10 TDI :D
Hope that helps!
-BB