TDI VW alh ac ps delete

archemitis

Veteran Member
TDI
200 Golf, 1974 Westfalia TDI
Gates belt part number K060295. I was never able to find this in a google search, so hope this helps somebody. Delete the air conditioning and power steering on ALH and AGR VW TDI engines.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
How do yo find the engine now? I've contemplated this for down the road if the car starts to become more track oriented.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Thanks for the info. If I ever get my mk2 swap done I will be doing this.

macoombi

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
Bumping this one up.

Just did this "mod" :)
I did to buy time because my rack is leaking. I used that exact Gates belt and it works perfectly. Steering is tough but manageable. I'm more concerned with the lack of a/c for defogging purposes.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Bumping this one up.

Just did this "mod" :)
I did to buy time because my rack is leaking. I used that exact Gates belt and it works perfectly. Steering is tough but manageable. I'm more concerned with the lack of a/c for defogging purposes.
slightly longer belt will go around the compressor too

archemitis

Veteran Member
TDI
200 Golf, 1974 Westfalia TDI
I was looking to get a spare belt in case this one ever goes, and a google search turned up this! I love running into old posts of mine.
That motor mount is now rubber, the home made poly urethane one vibrated everything way too much. =]

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I was looking to get a spare belt in case this one ever goes, and a google search turned up this! I love running into old posts of mine.
That motor mount is now rubber, the home made poly urethane one vibrated everything way too much. =]
heh
Just scrolled up and noticed the mount after reading this.

Squeezed my motor mount full of window-weld just a few months ago and really like the difference it made. Dashboard rattles, but motor doesn't flop on shifts.

Mr. Pink

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I have to ask is the tensioner that is installed broken? it doesn't have the shock. Or is it a 1.8T/2.0L tensioner?

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i am having trouble finding belt size for power steering only delete?

in that configuration do you need the roller?

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Secondsies on the tensioner sourcing question, if I had to venture a guess I would say 2.0 over 1.8.

macoombi

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI
Update:

I installed a 40" belt to run the ac compressor and found that it was slipping and squealing like crazy in the winter so I put a shorter belt on. It's a 38" belt. Part number is 4060380 (Continental) from Rock Auto. I only paid $6 for it but I see that it's now $15. I think a 39" belt would work better as I had to route the belt on the wrong side of the idler.