Taking delivery this friday...

moncureww

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Platinum Grey, Grey Leather, ESP, Winter Package
You just can't imagine how elated I am that I'm taking delivery Friday on an '04 Jetta GLS TDI, platinum grey and grey leather. Or maybe you can - all of you have been there before. I'm actually looking forward to hitting the 100 mile round trip commute down I-95. A far cry from a time-worn 1987 Volvo that gets 24 mpg on an average day, and that may decide it doesn't want to wake up tomorrow. In any matter, if anyone knows what sort of price range people are paying at the dealer for new Jettas I'd be very interested - I actually got a price that's about $1000 less than what I see on Edmunds.com or the VW website. And I have all the options - ESP, leather package, 5-speed, and a really popular color apparently. That's after delivery and everything. I'm just curious as to whether I got a good deal. Thanks!
-Webb

TurbineTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
There always seems to be somebody that "got a better deal", you did what you did...now it's done...you'll love the car. Just make sure to do a good break in.

Tango_Kilo

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2004, reflex silver
Oh I can imagine how elated you are... I've been there for 11 days now. I also took delivery on a Friday. Enjoy your weekend! As for your price, it sounds like a good deal. The important point is that it is a done deal and you can focus on enjoying your car. I haven't worried about the price I paid since I drove off the lot.