MKVI Performance Upgrades

sb032394

TDI
2012 Golf - 6mt; black on black
I have a 2012 Golf TDi that I'm working on turning up quite a bit. Im wondering if anyone on the site has installed anything that will increase power that i have not done already. Here is a list of what is done to the car:

AFE cold Air intake
Malone stage II with DPF and EGR delete
Rawtek DPF delete Downpipe
Rawtek Cat-delete Midpipe
Snow Performance water methanol Injection

Based on the numbers produced from each of the above companies, Im assuming the car should be putting out a little over 200 wHP. I plan on installing the CR170 turbo but im wondering if anyone has any idea about perhaps injector nozzles or anything else i could do. Thank You!

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Gone, looking for a cheap commuter
What about swapping intake manifolds to ditch the flapper valves, and completely deleting the EGRs? (edit... i see you may have that, I guess I stress Completely) In theory completely deleting the EGRs will drive the turbo harder and drop intake temps.

I've also seen Audi S3 intercooler upgrades in a few people sigs. I don't know much about it tho... One guy in the CR170 thread had it.

Have you noticed performance or mileage increases with the Snow kit?

Also may be alil high on the HP estimate as number typically don't just add up, but I'm a newb and I may be completely wrong!

Last edited:

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
I had about the same setup as you except 2.5" full exhaust plus upgraded FMIC and few other little things and made 182whp/ 321 ft/lbs at sea level. CR170 barely makes 200whp. CR170 is silly upgrade(in my opinion) since after you upgrade, the turbo is still the limiting component. There are other turbo options for not that much more money....check out JTT on facebook and XMAN turbos for some other turbo options. Next limiting component is the HPFP....there are companies that will rebuild them to increase flow, but best potential would be to wait till the new 240hp Passat TDI is available with dual piston HPFP and steal pump/fuel lines/rail/injectors from it....if they are compatible. Stock injectors/nozzles will flow beyond the stock HPFPs capabilities.

I am currently upgrading to GTB2060VKLR (hybrid ceramic ball bearing, water cooled, billet comp wheel) from JTT since my factory turbo died.

Plenty of info on here if u learn to use the search feature.

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like one hell of a turbo!! We don't have all that fancy lingo in the big diesels. I'll have to do some more research on that.

Quick question.. What's with the lithium battery in your sig? I do my mod research through sigs haha

sb032394

TDI
Thanks alot guys! I've got a lot of research to do haha.
I like the water methanol but the only benefit i can see right away is the lower EGTs, when you use it for the MPG max, i have noticed 3-4 MPG difference but its hard to keep the tank full because it empties before you need to stop for gas.
I need to get it on a dyno with the watermeth and without

and the HP estimate is probably still a little high but all of the numbers added up would be somewhere around 240, but theres no way

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm interested in if just water would do anything. I don't want to mess with buying and blending meth...

Seems that dieseldubs is making some big progress on fuel and air shown here....

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=397288&page=6

That will be exciting..Also, need to get WAY up to speed on this turbo lingo going on. In the big truck world we just go by size in mm and A/R ratio. I don't have a clue what the stuff above means.

Surely a custom billet turbo setup would take your car to the next level.

sb032394

TDI
You dont have to blen methanol into water if you dont want to. Winter formula windshield washer fluid is 30/70 methanol to water