Ebay GT1749VK

ofp0651

TDI
Has anyone ever used one of these cheap turbos off ebay? It says its a gt1749vk but the specs are saying its much larger.

Compressor Inducer /Exducer (MM):
48.50 / 64.00

this is the link for what im talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-VW-AUDI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c815e859b&vxp=mtr

My car is a 2000 jetta 5speed, I just put in DLC764 nozzles and it smokes alot above 3k. Im going to be getting a tune as well, just havent decided on one yet.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
For that price, it pretty much has to be Chinaboost, and thus is probably only worth its weight in scrap.

Why not just buy a REAL turbocharger from one of the normal trusted suppliers?

ofp0651

TDI
For that price, it pretty much has to be Chinaboost, and thus is probably only worth its weight in scrap.
Why not just buy a REAL turbocharger from one of the normal trusted suppliers?
I'm sure it is Chinese, I was just wondering if anyone had ever used one. For a 1/3 of the price it might be worth a shot.

ofp0651

TDI
alright thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go with a gtb2056vk or maybe 2260. I knew something was wrong with a turbo so cheap but just thought I'd ask.

turbophil

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI 5 speed
If your 2000 jetta is your only mode of transportation besides your abrams tank lol, I'd go with something along the size of a 17/22 turbo from one of the suppliers on here. I'm sure you'd enjoy it more on a daily basis.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Even a vnt17 would be a great upgrade for that car. If I wanted a turbo to do another 300,000 miles with a little extra umph, a vnt17 it would be.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
these "can I use this e-bay <parttype>" threads kind of crack me up

(As if e-bay is a brand name or manufacturer that actually produces parts or something)

The question that's really being asked is:

"does the quality of the <parttype> matter?" or

"is it ok if I take a chance on installing some random <parttype> from a possible fly-by night seller who probably won't stand by what they sold (after they get their "one-liner" feedback saying "fast delivery"), that could turn out to be absolute worst quality <parttype> in the history of mankind?"

IDK, maybe pedal covers, or something cosmetic like that, or maybe you are trading in the car and don't care, or too stupid/gullible to know the difference between a sloppy part and one that works as it should, I guess maybe then an e-bay brand (TM) part is ok for you.

Even if you were to find one or two random dudes to pipe in and say "I bought a <parttype> from e-bay and it was fine" will not tell you anything valuable.

ofp0651

TDI
Even a vnt17 would be a great upgrade for that car. If I wanted a turbo to do another 300,000 miles with a little extra umph, a vnt17 it would be.
I'll look into that, I'm in no hurry. I think I will go with a tune first, I've just been doing turbo research since that's the next upgrade. I was looking at a malone tune but I don't like how you have to pay for each tune. Is there a source for a tune where each tune is free or cheap? I don't mind paying more for the tuner initially.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
First thing I'd do on that car is a set of nozzles, then a tune, then you've got a whole bunch of choices after that.