New brm turbo decisions

9mmkungfu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen, 2006 Jetta
Kerma06TDI, you still out there? Did you run the updated tune from Malone to go from 22-psi to the recommended 26-psi?

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Hey Yep still here, but having a hell of a time finding the 783s actually no one has had them for the past 8 months and no clue if or when they will make more. Thinking about getting the farads from ryanp at darkside. But I am running the 28# map now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
What's the point of running 28psi when you aren't even coming close with fueling? I'd dial that down until you've got your fueling figured out.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Hey Yep still here, but having a hell of a time finding the 783s actually no one has had them for the past 8 months and no clue if or when they will make more. Thinking about getting the farads from ryanp at darkside. But I am running the 28# map now

Whitbread offers custom PD nozzles, which might be something looking into. There is 4-6 week lead time, but still worth considering.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4072669&postcount=5

9mmkungfu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen, 2006 Jetta
Also, how about DBW? I believe he has some.

Has anyone tried the Whitbread nozzles?

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
I'll have to look into whitbreads, I saw the link but it doesn't seem much cheaper from him than Ryanp

Not sure what kerma had in Stock but I know for a fact that I'd parts doesn't have them in stock

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Chiro you should come to water by the bridge up in louisville in march, they have a dyno they will do testing on and it would be awesome to see how much of a difference the injectors make

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Getting some of Whitbreads nozzles for the jetta as soon as I get my tax return. Malone has once again been amazing and sent me a base tune to put them in as soon as I get them. Excited to see what it does on the dyno this year

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Got the injectors in finally!! Base tune for now can't wait to see what she feels like after some tune revisions

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
I read through the thread and noticed you're currently sitting at 161Hp from the dyno run you posted with stock BRM injectors.

How much of a difference are you expecting from the new injector setup?

What exactly is the injector setup you're referring to as "whitebread Nozzles "?

Any plans to get the car on a dyno again?

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
I'm hoping to see 200 with the new setup. I've seen it done before from some others on the forum who are running pd150s and the same turbo so it's not a far reach especially with more fueling possible

I originally went with the 5x.012s from Matt and ended up swapping them out for r783s since they came available.

Yeah I plan on getting it on the dyno again maybe middle of April. Gives me plenty of time for Mark to settle the tuning

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Bew bodies and r783s are in! Ended up buying a botched set of used injectors and didn't look at them closely enough when I got them years ago. Looks like the guy I bought them from tried to open them up. Pete at dbw was more than helpful in getting everything cleaned and set up correctly!

Tuning has been going great! Got the idle up to 945, I think, as Mark recommended that was a very popular modification with these nozzles. Smoothed everything out quite nicely!

Did some pulls working on a happy place for partial throttle loads and keeping the boost under control. I know chiro was having some issues from boost creep with a set up similar to mine, hopefully with the final maps we won't have to do a boost valve but if I need to I will. Partial throttle she pulls like a freight train! Get a smile every time I drive it. Waiting on some more revisions to get it at peak boost numbers. I believe it's running around 20# right now at wot but I can already tell an improvement in torque. Mash the pedal in 6th doing 70 and she pulls HARD

Missed out on the dyno day when it was in town but once everything is settled tune wise I'll be making a trip back to the dyno!

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
I'm confused about which turbo you ended up with. A hybrid from Ryan? GTB 2566? the 1756, 2056 & 2260 aren't hybrids as far as I can tell.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Interesting & only $1000. I wonder how it compares with my 1856 for flow & drive pressure.

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Planning on making a road trip sometime this month hopefully to get in on the dyno. I'll post up results when I get it on there

Without injectors I was 160 hp and 260 tq on a Mustang dyno

chiro05

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I am still very satisfied with my setup. Have had zero problems with mine and it breaks loose in 1-2 and sometimes in 3rd gear. Only problem I have is wanting more!!!! I have thought about a tune with less smoke, but for a daily driver this thing feels stock in terms of no vibrations or egt spikes.

At some point a dyno would be fun.

2bitthugs

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Iv got my GTB turbo from darkside mocked up and pulled apart again for some minor welding. If people are interested i can do a write up for what it takes to fit one to a BRM.