scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG

2footbraker

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 01 Golf
Did you adjust the actuator? It has to be shortened several turns to get the vanes to close at low rpm.

A tune cannot account for the hardware difference between a Garrett and Borg Warner actuator. From the factory, the Garrett starts moving over 6 mmhg vacuum. You need to shorten it so it starts moving under 4 mmhg. Software can't make up for a hardware mismatch (N75 meant for a Borg Warner but controlling a Garrett can).

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Maybe on stock injectors the actuator needs adjusting but please ensure you adjust it back when you have bigger injectors.

ro.sniper

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have a 1752 and I'm boosting perfectly if I step on it but if it's light acceleration to bring boost up gradually and then step on it it will over boost to 30 PSI. The tune should be 26PSI. Would I need to adjust the actuator screw?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I have a 1752 and I'm boosting perfectly if I step on it but if it's light acceleration to bring boost up gradually and then step on it it will over boost to 30 PSI. The tune should be 26PSI. Would I need to adjust the actuator screw?
Overboosting to 30 then settling to 26? If so, nothing to worry about.

Barnitz

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
My 1749 does this, Malone tune. It will overboost to ~30 and settle back to 26-28, usually by the time it is settling down to 26 I am crossing 3,000 RPM where the tune is programmed to step down the boost anyways..

I have had times when it will overboost to above 30 9gauge only goes to 30, guessing I hit ~34). When that happens I do get a little worried. :eek:

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you adjust the actuator? It has to be shortened several turns to get the vanes to close at low rpm.

A tune cannot account for the hardware difference between a Garrett and Borg Warner actuator. From the factory, the Garrett starts moving over 6 mmhg vacuum. You need to shorten it so it starts moving under 4 mmhg. Software can't make up for a hardware mismatch (N75 meant for a Borg Warner but controlling a Garrett can).

Hmm, Sorry been away on vaca.......

I will check into to that.....hopefully it is just an "adjustment" to get roll on back.....it is really lazy...lacking throttle response.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
***!! I have that turbo and a Malone stg (4)...adjusted for that turbo and etc.

Had a stock turbo/VR6 clutch/Stg2 before and.......

And I will say it is a lot WEAKER than than my Stg 2 Malone and stock turbo....?

Tune issue or WHAT? Totally not happy!.....kind of want the old failing turbo back..... Hello, Malone?

Oh, and by weaker I want to say it "lags" from 1600 to 2000-2100 then it pulls like it should. Where before I swear I could get it to pull hard beginning as low as 1500 rpms. I didn't have to down shift on steep hills or for passing...where I have to now. I do realize I will need a clutch upgrade as the VR6 clutch will slip once the turbo starts kicking in....but before that it's lazy.

As suggested, an adjustment to the actuator rod...would that be the correct action to take at this time? Thanks in advance and I hope I am not hi-jacking the thread....I just though this info might be relevant to others contemplating this exact mod. :)

2footbraker

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 01 Golf
You may want to contact Mark first. If you adjust the actuator, keep track of the # of turns you do in case you need the reverse it. If you do the actuator adjustment, don't go too far or you may have boost creep or trouble with boost spikes.

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
I picked up a 1756. Along with some Pd150's. Will see what she can do with that combo!!
Did you ever end up installing the 1756 pd 150 combo? What did he do or planning to do for a manifold?

2bitthugs

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Did you ever end up installing the 1756 pd 150 combo? What did he do or planning to do for a manifold?
Yup, been installed for a few months now. Not sure if your asking about the intake or exhaust manifold but i have a PD150 intake installed. And an exhaust manifold from dark side.