Make Me an Offer! 2006 Jetta Tdi San Diego

mmg1114

TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi Atlantic Blue
I'm kind of over all of the major repairs I've had to do to my jetta and am now facing some major repairs that frankly I just don't want to pay for. I don't have the facilities or skills to do the repairs myself but maybe one of you does? I still love this car but its been giving me serious heartburn so I'm hoping somebody wants to make me an offer so I can move on with my life. It spent 2006-2015 living in Florida and is now a titled California resident. Registration renews in August.

According to the shop, it needs a new turbo unit and a new fuel pump and a valve cover gasket. They are quoting me ~$4000 for all of this and I don't make a ton of money so I'm tired of throwing my money into it. I'd rather have a newer car I can reliably drive into the mountains for adventures.

It still drives well on the flat land but it intermittently has low power on steep grades since the turbo is biting the dust. Starting is intermittently rough, likely because of the fuel pump issue. Has a fair amount of door dings and light scrapes on the front quarter panels. The right rear quarter panel is pushed in by an inch where it meets the bumper because of a parking hit and run. The sheet metal is fine but they hit and compressed the bumper where the sheet metal meets so it ended up lightly bending the sheet metal.

Here's some details
2006 Jetta Tdi- Dark Blue color- tinted windows
-154,646 miles
-New battery Dec 2016
-Cams repaired in 2013
-DMF replaced in 2014
-timing belt/water pump done around 90K
-DSG gear box replaced somewhere around 80K but not sure
-fresh pair of tires in back May 2017
-fresh brake pads and rotors in rear in Aug 2015 (should probably get new -front pads in near future)
-I upgraded the radio unit in 2015 to the touchscreen non-nav version that might have started showing up after 2010?. I got a USB port in the center console to go with it.
-Interior is black leatherette in good condition
-black headliner in great shape
-door card leatherette fabric is starting to peel off on all doors. I temporarily fixed it with rubber cement
-replaced most of the dash plastics with newer versions that don't have the peeling rubber problem

I have a PDF of the repair estimate if anyone wants to see it. PM me an email and I'll share it.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
We would all like to see some pics. Either a link to them [preferred] or posted here. Thanks.

mmg1114

TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi Atlantic Blue
I would love to put up pictures but the car is at the mechanics currently 20 miles away so that'll have to wait a couple days.