Arl injectors vs nozzles

smoking

TDI
A5 3.0 TDI quattro + Golf II AFN + Golf IV ASZ
Hello ,
I own a golf 4 with a Ajm engine and a gt1749vb turbo, I'm looking to upgrade the injection system. I can buy used arl/asz injectors or buy firad +50% nozzles. What's s the better option?
I've read on forums that they are the same injectors just use different nozzles and I've also read that they have different internals.

gmo

TDI
modded pd130 asz vw bora .. 04
if theyll fit the arl/asz jobbies are more than ample and no doubt cheaper than +50n nozzles , you can pick second hand set up for around 100 quid over here, about 3rd price of set of nozzles

safe limit for the injectors is about 230bhp/380ftlbs ive seen some squeeze a far bit more general though is its not safe long term but i dont think they be a straight swap to a ve engine

iirc the volvo d4 nozzles will fit ve injectors and are decant upgrade ,

smoking

TDI
AJM is a pd engine, the injectors will fit but around here I can't get a used set for less than 200€ and I don't have any idea of the mileage/condition on them. A set of nozzles 315€ plus 150€ for fitting/balancing them. My injectors have 120k miles so not that bad I guess.

gmo

TDI
AJM is a pd engine, the injectors will fit but around here I can't get a used set for less than 200€ and I don't have any idea of the mileage/condition on them. A set of nozzles 315€ plus 150€ for fitting/balancing them. My injectors have 120k miles so not that bad I guess.
120k is nothing mate , i had mince on old bora 130 checked at 140k miles a they were fine. i still have them , il sell if if you want mate , il take 100 quid for them. came from my old car. . got full pd130 engine ready to pull to bits if you need anything else mate. missus might stop twisting if get shot of some stuff, , kitchen looks like garage lol

mod please remove if sale posts are not allowed .

smoking

TDI
Thanks mate, I would gladly take them for that price. But I've managed to score a full Asz for 500€, I'm going to rebuild this engine instead.

gmo

TDI
Thanks mate, I would gladly take them for that price. But I've managed to score a full Asz for 500€, I'm going to rebuild this engine instead.
be daft not to mate, if you stuck for cheap pd130 bits i got loads laid about , just give a shout

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Early Ajm has same size injectors as arl/asz as far as i know however the base engine is weaker compared with the pd130/150...you will have a bit of headache tuning the engine on early ecu but ita got lots of potential out of the box. The 1749vb is the limiting factor here, i would swap a darkside kit and a gtb1756vk turbo kit on it and be done with it- plenty tuning potential.

smoking

TDI
These injectors definitely flow less than the ASZ/ARL, that's w]hy my tuner can't get past 160's hp with the gt1749vb. The ECU AFAIK is just a standard EDC15P... with ASZ maf and 3 bar map sensor retrofitted.