2002 Beetle TDI.. Bad Diesel??

rblain

TDI
2002 Beetle
I was on a road trip yesterday and everything was fine, i filled up with Diesel and about 5 miles later, It's like i have no power at all... going up hills it would just fall on it's face... it would take forever to get to speed...

Did i get some bad diesel? I do have a check engine code that popped up, i'm going to the parts store today and see if they can tell me what it is... But, on my drive to work this morning, it seemed fine again... Any ideas??

I was only getting like 31 MPG, so maybe something else is going on...

rblain

TDI
2002 Beetle
Yep. P1556. Strange thing though. This morning it was just fine, plenty of power. At lunch just now i took it out on the highway and it accelerated just fine all the way up to 90MPH, then i stopped and turned around and bam, no power... what would cause it to work fine and then, back to the same ol problem?? Something not working when it gets to temp??

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Maxmoo told you what to do. Search for limp mode, or find a limp mode trouble shooting thread and get busy.

There's a lot of factors it could be, so the best way to go about resolving your issue is to find a good trouble shooting thread and systematically go through all the items in it.

Cheers,

PH