BORA clone

2td

TDI
Jettas 2 rabbits4 plus tractors 360 subaru parts van
Hi My kid bought a vw tdi,,,said it was a jetta, had trouble getting parts for this car,,suspension gromets,,lower trail arms,,brakes,,lamps etc..The car is badged BORA,,since all spendy stuff is cloned like Rolex, I wonder what this car is? Seems like the pevious owner spent big money on this car,,wife says its a decal.. What makes a Bora authentic?

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Biggest thing that makes a Bora a Bora is the first digit of the vin if its jetta it will start with 3 if its a Bora it will start with a w.
Other things that are bora specific, bumpers, glass, options, interior there are too many subtle differences to list.

The J

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Bora is the German version of the Jetta sedan. I find it hard to believe you'd have a true German Bora in the US. My money is on it being a Bora in badge only.

Body parts like lamps, bumpers, seats, interior, etc., are interchangeable if they are actually different from the US version.

Post pics!

04TDI

TDI
04 Jetta TDI
best place to find factory parts is at rockauto.com. they got it all now to go performance you'll have to look else were. there are a few boras in the US but most of them were shipped over with military people.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is most likely just a badge. The Bora was what the 4th gen Jetta was sold as in other markets, just like the 3rd gen was sold as a Vento and the 1st gen was sold as the Atlantic.

Just name games, really.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
And just where is the picture of this Bora in this picture section? :D

Rual817

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI ALH
Hi My kid bought a vw tdi,,,said it was a jetta, had trouble getting parts for this car,,suspension gromets,,lower trail arms,,brakes,,lamps etc..The car is badged BORA,,since all spendy stuff is cloned like Rolex, I wonder what this car is? Seems like the pevious owner spent big money on this car,,wife says its a decal.. What makes a Bora authentic?
http://www.dubnetworks.net/vw-vin-decoder.htm type your vin and it will give you ALL your info. Mine too is badged "BORA". Bora's are made in Europe. 1st VIN# on mine is "3" made in mexico. BORA would be listed "W" made in europe (Germany).

Last edited:

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
If you go to high German/East European populated cities like Chicago, Toronto or NY...you can see actual Bora's out there. Not sure how many of them you'd run into out in the desert village with a population of 100.