How about a Las Vegas GTG?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Now that the summer heat is beginning to break, I think that it is time we started thinking about a Las Vegas TDI GTG. We should discuss a date and a meeting place. Most any weekend is OK with me (either Saturday or Sunday afternoon). We could meet at a park (like red rock) or at someone's house, or at some other place. It seems that we have a number of new TDIClub members as well as some veterans in the LV area.

I do no want to pick a date and place and then have a lot of complaints, so lets have some suggestions and figure out when (and where) would be good for as many people as possible. It is always good to be able to put faces with the names of the people we chat with. I am open to any and all suggestions.

(Let's) Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I believe VWMikel n Stephani are looking to set one up in Spring, they've been talking about it on Facebook.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I believe VWMikel n Stephani are looking to set one up in Spring, they've been talking about it on Facebook.

I don't "do" Facebook, so I hope they bring it here before it happens. I know VWMikel, but I'm not sure if I have met Stephani. I really do not care if we do it in the Autumn or in the Spring (or both).

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

Turanga

TDI
one
Hey there, Don! Actually, we have met... I believe it was at TDIfest in Portland, and I seem to recall you also went on a drive out to Red Rock that we were on as well. I go pretty much everywhere that Mike goes, but TDIclub is really his space, so I'm not on here that often. :)

Another TDI guy (Bob Fout) is hoping to road trip it out to Vegas in the spring some time, so I was thinking about trying to put something together around then. You know, see if anyone else would be interested or anything. Nothing too fancy, maybe a cruise out to Red Rock or Hoover Dam, and a BBQ - maybe even hit up a go-kart track. But, like I said, nothing fancy, and it is far from official or planned at this point. Bob was supposed to put up a feeler on here for me, to see if anyone outside of the immediate area would be interested, but he got distracted... ;)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cool, I'd love to meet Bob. I'm up for whatever we can put together whenever we can schedule something. Perhaps we could just keep this thread alive until something gets finalized. Thanks for the reply.

Have Fun!

Don

Kree

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
Just about any sat works for me as long as it's not the 5th or 12th of nov. I would love to get out to vegas!

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Hello, just x-ferred to Vegas from seattle area about 6 weeks. I'll be watching for a date and place. too new here for ideas on where. with my luck it will be the week I close on the house. dont know when that will be yet. just had my offer accepted yesterday.. down by henderson airport and the 'M'

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
.. down by henderson airport and the 'M'
That is very near where I live (and I work very near LAS). PM me if you would like to get together. I have VCDS if you ever need it. If we decide on a GTG, the details will be here.

Have Fun!

Don

Gluhkerze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2DR TDI Stick
That is very near where I live (and I work very near LAS). PM me if you would like to get together. I have VCDS if you ever need it. If we decide on a GTG, the details will be here.

Have Fun!

Don

I am going to buy a vag-com pretty soon I guess, but would like to check it out.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am going to buy a vag-com pretty soon I guess, but would like to check it out.
I'm usually free on the weekends. Just let me know when and we can meet somewhere. I'm going to be meeting another TDIClub member sometime Saturday morning to help him get his key fob to lock/unlock his doors. PM me if you would like my contact information.

Have Fun!

Don

335d

TDI
2011 BMW 335d
Hello, just x-ferred to Vegas from seattle area about 6 weeks. I'll be watching for a date and place. '

I just moved to LV in August, too. I came down from Federal Way. Whenever you guys get together for a cruise count me in if you don't mind.

Gluhkerze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2DR TDI Stick
I just moved to LV in August, too. I came down from Federal Way. Whenever you guys get together for a cruise count me in if you don't mind.

I used to be a big BMW guy not to long ago... Is that Bimm Diesel bad @ss or what? I bet moves OUT with that torque!

Love that new BMW X5 Diesel ad, with all the old mercs, and volvos... (and big rigs) great!

Last edited:

Turanga

TDI
one
We (vwmikel and I) are moving this weekend, and we would like to have a little bbq/hang out once we get moved in. Any interest?

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I am down for a GTG. I will be leaving FL on the 25th of this month, and driving out with the wife and dogs.

I start work the 1st of November, so once we are settled, I am down to hang out!

335d

TDI
2011 BMW 335d
I used to be a big BMW guy not to long ago... Is that Bimm Diesel bad @ss or what? I bet moves OUT with that torque!

Love that new BMW X5 Diesel ad, with all the old mercs, and volvos... (and big rigs) great!

http://youtu.be/OTzk3ibvQeo

I didn't actually see this commercial til I came back to the US with my car last year. I love this commercial! They hit the nail right on the head! With a jackhammer! Old diesel cars from the 80's and many from the 90's (not VW, of course) were slow environmental hazards.

I have been a VW fan since 1996 when I had a best friend who owned 4 classic bugs. I never got to buy a VW because every time I was in the market, I couldn't get the credit to buy a TDi - and I am the kind of person who, if I can't have it the way I want it, I won't buy a second rate version of it. I owned a used Audi A6 for a while before I got stationed in Germany, but I got rid of it when I came down on orders because I knew I would be buying a better, newer German car while stationed there. I tried to buy a VW TDi, but they wouldn't sell American spec TDi's to us. I needed a diesel (for the same reasons all of you drive diesel), so I bought the only other diesel car I could get qualified for. I was very surprised when the bank actually approved me for my 335d because I was/am by NO means rich! When I was looking at options for my car and budgeting for the payment, I realized that I would save a lot of headache just getting all the options I would eventually want anyway in a single loan, rather than trying to work on the car over several years, breaking my bank account and my back. I drive the heck outta my car. It's a 2011 that I got in April 2010 and I already have almost 46,000 miles on her. And yeah, the torque is unreal, especially with the ChipExpress tuner I have on her. It's rated at 340hp - I need to dyno her to see what she's actually pushing out. I can still get 36+ mpg and smoke almost everything on the freeway. The only car that ever beat me was a Porsche 911 near Nurnberg, Germany - he destroyed me! That was before I had the chip.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Hey Don,

When you get this planned, let me know. I'll see if I can make it up from So Cal.

Quite a drive just for a GTG, but that is why we have the diesels, Right? LOL

Gluhkerze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2DR TDI Stick
http://youtu.be/OTzk3ibvQeo

I didn't actually see this commercial til I came back to the US with my car last year. I love this commercial! They hit the nail right on the head! With a jackhammer! Old diesel cars from the 80's and many from the 90's (not VW, of course) were slow environmental hazards.
Thats almost the same commercial I was talking about, same merc, volvo, buses, big rigs, but it was for the X5 xDrive35d. Awesome.