2012 Golf TDI 6 spd 4 dr Silver

homelessgdog

TDI
12 Golf TDI 4dr 6spd m/t
Just got my 2012 Golf TDI on Sat. 8/25/12. Went with the entry one because the Nav sucks. My last car, Truck Dodge 2500HD Cummins, didn't have a sunroof so I figured I wasn't missing anything.
Got the extended warranty. I figured, I had two valve bodies go out in my tranny before, $100 out of pocket compared to $1000 for each wasn't too bad an investment. I decided on the manual 6 speed instead of the DSG. Wife has that in her 2012 370Z. Love the car. Looking for a little better mileage then I had in my pick-up.
I'll tint windows, change speakers, radio is fine, Dyna wasn't all that so I didn't get the tech pkg. I figured I put 18k down so I could have bought any trim level. I just wanted a great car at a great price. If I bought a higher end car then the Navi bi Xenon lights, LED's, would have been necessary.

I hope I drive the wheels of this bad boy.

TDI Space-Coaster

TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG,NAV,SR,TECH
Congrats on your TDI!
I agree that the nav isn't the best, but VW forces you to buy packages instead of a-la carte items. I wanted the sunroof so I got the whole enchilada.
Best of luck with her, and I hope you never use your extended warranty and drive the wheels off her! :D

BrShootr

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI JSW
The 2012 Golf automatic is a DSG, not a hydraulic automatic transmission like most cars. Does it even have valve bodies?

homelessgdog

TDI
12 Golf TDI 4dr 6spd m/t
BrShootr...I was just making a blanket statement about having to use the warranty and I was glad I had purchased it. I don't know what is in the DSG but I wasn't 100% sold on it. I know a lot of people dig it. It just isn't my bag.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Congrats on your purchase; I love my RNS-315 personally but I understand it isn't for everyone. Otherwise we have the same car :D

I bought the package mainly for the sunroof (which I can't live without; it's open unless the precipitation is hard enough to wet my hair at 70 ;) )

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The 2012 Golf automatic is a DSG, not a hydraulic automatic transmission like most cars. Does it even have valve bodies?
It most certainly does. It is called a 'Mechatronic unit' and has the TCM (Transmission Control Module) integral with it under the front "pan" of the transmission, which uses an ATF pump, and uses electronic controlled hydraulic actuators for all the gearshifts.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Just got my 2012 Golf TDI on Sat. 8/25/12. Went with the entry one because the Nav sucks. My last car, Truck Dodge 2500HD Cummins, didn't have a sunroof so I figured I wasn't missing anything.
Got the extended warranty. I figured, I had two valve bodies go out in my tranny before, $100 out of pocket compared to $1000 for each wasn't too bad an investment. I decided on the manual 6 speed instead of the DSG. Wife has that in her 2012 370Z. Love the car. Looking for a little better mileage then I had in my pick-up.
I'll tint windows, change speakers, radio is fine, Dyna wasn't all that so I didn't get the tech pkg. I figured I put 18k down so I could have bought any trim level. I just wanted a great car at a great price. If I bought a higher end car then the Navi bi Xenon lights, LED's, would have been necessary.

I hope I drive the wheels of this bad boy.

Welcome! Good choice!