2015 Trim Levels

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Been shopping US sites looking for a newer TDI Sport Wagon. Of course the used sites never really tell you the true information about what is on the car, or what trim level it is. Can someone fill me in on the clues to look for in pictures that tell what trim level a car is?

For example:
The biggest difference in Canada is the seats... cloth, leatherette (has holes in it) and leather, but this isn't always easy to tell in pictures.

Another the A/C. Highlines in Canada have dual zone A/C, which you can tell because there are extra buttons between the knobs on the climate controls.

I know Trendlines (base model in Canada) don't have cruise control, but it can be added as a package, which most people seem to have done.

Thanks!

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
Here are the options (US) for 2015 straight from the brochure I have saved. It may help clearing up some confusion!

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
i don't suppose the lighting package can be added later somehow... wouldn't mind springing for bi-xenons and ambient lighting

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
That's very helpful, thanks.

I think I see a couple of differences, the top trim line in Canada has real leather, but in US the above seems to indicate it's just a better version of the leatherette? I'm also pretty sure in Canada you could only get any of the parking aid tech on the top trim.

To the point, visually it is hard to tell the trim levels apart as some of the clues are hard to spot in pictures.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
i don't suppose the lighting package can be added later somehow... wouldn't mind springing for bi-xenons and ambient lighting
They can be added later, but the VW bi-xenons have some crazy ass levelling system that needs to be installed on the rear suspension, and the kit is north of $2000.