18" Durban tires: what have you replaced with?

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I'm between some Conti Extreme Contact DSW06's and Michelin Pilot Spoet A/S 3+. The Conti's seem to get better reviews from the VW crowd. They're cheaper and have a $70 rebate on 4 locally right now. I don't mind spending the money. Just want a decent A/S tire.

Anyone have personal recommendations? FWIW I'm at 39k but I have rotated with 3 spare tires I got from another member. OE on mine was Pitelli Cintauro's that I've been impressed with. Best OE tire I've had and I hate Pirelli.

Last edited:

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Not the tires you asked about, but I've been happy through 3 sets of Bridgestone Potenza Sport (RE70 or something like that).
I'm all stock (cup edition) suspension, and cup wheels are size 225/40R18.
Not sure how similar or different a 2010 Jetta rides vs a 2015 JSW but as far as wear/noise/reliability I've run all 3 sets for 40k miles. (Usually have to slow down a bit on turns at about 30k on the set, and I rotate tires every 5k.
Usually get them from discount tire for about $550 out the door.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I've heard good about those too D-Cup. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Conti's. Will report back after I get them put on.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
We loved our Nokian enTyre 2.0 on our 2012 passat, the '15 has Bridgestones on them now and I want to say the Nokians were quieter.

Can't speak to how they handle in the snow thou, as I am a believer there is no such thing as a A/S tire.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Update

I have a few hundred miles on these tires and really like them. Hard to say how they do in the rain because as much rain as we've seen around me lately, I haven't had to go through much. The tires bite and are quiet which is as expected.

I paid $689 OTD (tax, install, balance, and all the stupid fees) and just was approved for the Continental $70 tire rebate online submitted the next day after getting the tires. Hopefully they will do well and get me another 40-50k.

I haven't done any hard cornering in the tires yet on the back road commute, but they feel more confident than the P7's they've replaced.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
This is what I had for tread on P7's at 39k but mixed in with the other few rims I have with tires:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I have the same Continentals as above and think they're great. They perform better in the rain than the P7s, much more confidence inspiring.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I have the same Continentals as above and think they're great. They perform better in the rain than the P7s, much more confidence inspiring.
Awesome to hear that! I just spent yesterday with rain and now with 1000 miles on them, I'm really happy with them. They bite in the rain and feel great pushing them in the dry.