LOGS A4 B5 Chip - IQ (1) / MAF (3) / TURBO (11)

HF1600ie

TDI
AUDI A6 2.5 TDi Avant AAT 1995
MY LOGS VAG-COM A4 B5 Chip - IQ (1) / MAF (3) / TURBO (11)

Hi,
I´ve decided to log a few parameters on my Audi 1.9 TDI AFN engined.
I think there´s something wrong with the turbo in low RPM, That´s why i see smoke. In Highway or after boosting for a while , the boost is much cleaner, hardly see smoke at all.

What can it be ? It seems the turbo doesnt spool up as requested, but in the end , it reaches the requested boost.

The blue zones are where the throttle is 100% !

Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
ure N75 looks pretty good on the numbers but your maf looks like it struggling... you most likely having problems with it... cause our cars get there power via the MAF.... everything else comes secondary

HF1600ie

TDI
But my MAF actual gets over 1000. Shouldnt it be ok? the strange thing is why specified is always 850. Is Specified the REAL value or the value in the chip ?

The blue zones are 100% throttle. All rest doesnt matter much.

My concern is why turbo doesnt spool up quickly in lower rpm, as you can see. It doesnt do as requested. And in that low Rpm range i see smoke and the car is not "that" fast as expected. Maybe VNT adjusting needed?

Also i dont have that great turbo peak pressure ( if any), but maybe that´s on purpose by the guy who did the program.
Real pressure always comes delayed comparing to requested pressure. This is my worry.

when i start a strong acceleration, the turbo gets exactly ( 1,295 bar) where it should go, but later than it should ! And this is noticed in lower rpm.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

ReferenceDesign

Veteran Member
I have (had) a similar situation.k My stock jetta had quite a bit of pull at low RPM but died above 3500prm. I did a timing belt and the torque spread out over the whole rpm range. My low rpm pull sort of went away to be replaced with usable rpm above 3500.

I added RC3 and the turbo would not move until 2000 rpm. This is actually a safegard against turbo over-run (I have read). I still had a pretty severe delay from the full throttle until boost but if you look closely the boost comes in around 2K. Try a full throttle run starting at 2k or above and see what the delay is.

A new MAF is fairly cheap these days ($100 us) and I carry a spare just in case. Borrow or replace yours and re-run.

There was a post a while back about how to clean and refurb your turbo in case the vanes were getting sluggish. I would only do that as a last resort.

Are you chipped?

HF1600ie

TDI
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, of course , the A4 is chipped.
That why i have 50,8mg in the torque map and 1,295bar turbo pressure.
My MAF looks ok, i think. It gets over 1100 ..

Maybe it´s my nozzles. PP502 may generate a bit of smoke in low revs...

I´ll be doing more test when possible above 2000rpm.

I remember having a stock Seat IBiza (same 110hp engine) and the turbo spooled up quicker, even considering that the maximum turbo pressure was lower... :rolleyes:

Cheers