New Jetta Question - Floor Mats

smollica

TDI
Jetta, 4 Dr. Sedan
Hi,
Picked up my new 2010 Jetta tdi sedan last week. Love the car!

Question: The tag describing add-on options includes the rubber mat set (as requested). My Front mats look great (no problem). The rear mats seem odd. I would expect one of the rear mats to cover the hump. The rear mats I received are identical. Seems odd to me. Also, the rear cargo mat is just the standard cheap carpet type. Should I expect a rubber cargo mat with this option?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications,
Scott

Anomie

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta DSG
ECS might still have the gorilla gear trunk mat for $20 if you're looking to step up your trunk.

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
the Jetta rubber mat kit that is like $225 includes the rubber monster mats (4 piece) and the gorilla gear cargo mat. Sounds like you might have the gorilla gear cargo mat, which goes on top of the regular trunk mat. It is not all-rubber like a weathertech. It is poly fiber carpet up top with a small lip all around and a rubber backing on the bottom to prevent liquid from soaking through to your actual carpeting. If so, you got the right package. Weathertech has an all rubber cargo mat if you prefer.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
I have the Gorilla Gear cargo mat and LOVE it! Those 4 velcro right angle plastic pieces that come with it that allow you to secure things like boxes from sliding all around your trunk are priceless and work great:D

Beats a fully rubber cargo mat any day and I've had both.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I have the cargo mat, and am torn between also wanting a true rubber mat, i hate the idea of not know what i spilled and having it soak into the carpet. But I also love the little square thingys that hold everything down (I have a little storage tote to place all car realated items in and keep the trunk nice and neat)

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
OP, did you get the "Jetta Mat Kit"? If so, your car should've come with the 4 Monster Mats and the Gorilla Gear trunk liner. As others have said, the rear mats do not cover the hump and also, the rear mats shouldn't be identical, but rather mirror images of each other.

smollica

TDI
Jetta, 4 Dr. Sedan
Pelican18TQA4 said:
OP, did you get the "Jetta Mat Kit"? If so, your car should've come with the 4 Monster Mats and the Gorilla Gear trunk liner. As others have said, the rear mats do not cover the hump and also, the rear mats shouldn't be identical, but rather mirror images of each other.
Thanks all for clarifying my question. I mispoke about the rear mats being identical. They are mirrors.

I have the cargo mat with the blocks to keep things from shifting although I checked out the monster cargo mat and recognizing the slob I am decided I should order one.

Thanks again!