biodiesel in Kalamazoo, MI

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
At Hondo's recent get-together a BP truck came up from Kalamazoo and supplied us with biodiesel. Can anyone tell me where in K-Zoo that BP station is? I can't find the station on BP's website.

Thanks,
Froogie

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
That BD came from Ridderman & Sons Oil in Plainwell.

Riddermans' doesn't have a BD pump set-up at any of their stations.

What to do?

Call them at 269-685-8860 so as to come up to their Plainwell shop (Main St. 1.5 miles N of M-89). This is where the BD is.

BEWARE: of lengthly construction delays on US-131 between Plainwell and Kalamazoo...currently southbound. Northbound is OK.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Hey, thanks, Vectorer. But bummer that they don't have a pump. I just called a biodiesel distributor in Zeeland, MI, Zeeland Farm Co-op, but they are only distributors and have no pump, either. A number of sources around, but no way to get it into our cars. Reminds me of the old sailors' saying as they looked out over the salty sea, "Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink..."

It was nice meeting you and chatting with you at Hondo's.

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
If you call Ridderman Oil and coordinate a time to get some B100 there, they should be able to provide.

If you do drive down, PM me for good directions...I'm 1/2 mile from Riddermans'...

Papi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2004, Navy
I'm sure they have a pump of some sort to get the biodiesel flowing. If they're farmers ... then they undoubtedly have a portable pump that screws onto fuel drums.