Timeline after offer is notarized?

thanksimgruven

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
what were your options as far as scheduling the buyback? how far in the future can you schedule the date? should I submit my notarized letter now if I plan to drive the car until march?
Pretty sure the ball is in our court on this one. get your documents uploaded/faxed/mailed, and schedule the buyback appt for anytime between now and Sept 2018 (reschedule as many times as you'd like). Or, you can change your mind if a fix presents itself which is agreeable to you. We are the victims here, and VW is obligated to do what is best for us :)

Restart100

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Looks like they have stopped scheduling buybacks for notarized letters uploaded after around 11/18. They are probably trying to manage the workload at dealers until the effort can be fully ramped up.

I was getting my wife's car serviced (gas powered Passat) and the service advisor said that "we are just not ready for buybacks, may be February or March before we are really up and running full speed." This is at a mid-size dealership in the Southeastern US.

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
Looks like they have stopped scheduling buybacks for notarized letters uploaded after around 11/18. They are probably trying to manage the workload at dealers until the effort can be fully ramped up.

I was getting my wife's car serviced (gas powered Passat) and the service advisor said that "we are just not ready for buybacks, may be February or March before we are really up and running full speed." This is at a mid-size dealership in the Southeastern US.

I think its completely dependent on the dealer. I spoke to one of the owners at my designated dealership and he says they are ready to go. As far as the workload goes, the scheduling should take care of that. It will only issue a certain amount of spots per day.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
Uploaded my notarized documents on 11/19. Still waiting to schedule buy back.
I uploaded on 11/22 and am still waiting also. I called (Clearly I felt like wasting my time)! They said there is more demand on the system (Unexpected apparently) and that they have no timeline on when my offer will be accepted!

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
I uploaded on 11/22 and am still waiting also. I called (Clearly I felt like wasting my time)! They said there is more demand on the system (Unexpected apparently) and that they have no timeline on when my offer will be accepted!
Mine we uploaded on 11/22 as well. No movement since then.

trrubicon06

TDI
2010 golf
I think its completely dependent on the dealer. I spoke to one of the owners at my designated dealership and he says they are ready to go. As far as the workload goes, the scheduling should take care of that. It will only issue a certain amount of spots per day.
I was called by my dealer of choice the day I received my offer. She asked if I had any questions or concerns. I told her I had my offer and was getting it notarized that afternoon. She told me that I was one of the first that she spoke to that was that far ahead. I told her I was just waiting on the approval and to schedule my appointment. She said we are all ready.

So, my dealer seems to be ready to go and I could have been one of the first, but am at the mercy of VW and being approved for scheduling. So frustrating.

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
I was called by my dealer of choice the day I received my offer. She asked if I had any questions or concerns. I told her I had my offer and was getting it notarized that afternoon. She told me that I was one of the first that she spoke to that was that far ahead. I told her I was just waiting on the approval and to schedule my appointment. She said we are all ready.
So, my dealer seems to be ready to go and I could have been one of the first, but am at the mercy of VW and being approved for scheduling. So frustrating.
That's a good idea. I may do that this afternoon as I just uploaded my notarized offer paper work fifteen minutes ago.
-tkd

jboulukos

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SE
I called today and immediately go to talk to someone.
I decided to drive JSW for as long as I can. They made note . Person was really helpful & knowledgeable and enjoyed talking with her.

Which stage of the process are you in? offer received and waiting to sign it until 2018?

usarmy132

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Looking at the spreadsheet there are at least 3 people received and scheduled date today all uploaded on 17th. Seems like closer to two weeks delay as of right now

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Here's a recap of my own situation:

Sent first documents that VW requested in the evening of Oct. 27th - got my offer on Nov 11th - sent those documents via fax on Nov. 13th. Signing into the portal on Friday the 25th (finally!!!) I get the 'Documents Under Review' message. I'm guessing I'll have those accepted and will be allowed to make a buyback date on Dec. 9th. Just a guess...

I hold the title which some have indicated seem to get priority treatment. Maybe VW wants you to make a bunch more payments on those cars - and lets not forget the lease holders that are still making those lease payments. On the face of it this is a solid business decision but it's bound to piss people off. Perhaps VW should have made it known they were going to handle it that way.

Seems like they found a way to help fund the buyback effort.

aerox

TDI
Black, Golf Mk VI, 4-door, 3-pedal
Uploaded on 11/17. Finally cleared to schedule today. Took first available slot on 12/13 in my area (N Dallas).

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
i still have not received any appointment after sending my notarized docs...docs sent on 11/18...

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
Still have yet to be able to schedule my appointment after sending in my notarized and signed documents on 11/4

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
i have just emailed one of the lawyers and the main claim info email, not sure it helps but it costed me 5 minutes...i have also complained about VW pushing to have people do ETF over check, and reading reports of people still not getting money after 4-5 days...

maddward

TDI
2011 Jetta
Finally! Just got my email to schedule my turn in after my 11/18 notarized docs upload

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Nice. Mine was sent on the 22nd so maybe I'll have that option by the end of the week, beginning of next.
Oh that is good news. Fingers crossed as well as i sent my offer back on 11/22 also.

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
Oh that is good news. Fingers crossed as well as i sent my offer back on 11/22 also.
Us, as well, for our Passat -- notarized docs uploaded on 11/22. Still waiting on an offer for the Jetta even though I uploaded the original docs on the same day as the Passat. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the timing.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
I uploaded my notarized offer on the 18th. I'm starting to wonder if the delay is regional. I wonder if they aren't releasing offers/appointments to people who are in areas where further progress isn't available.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
i have just emailed one of the lawyers and the main claim info email, not sure it helps but it costed me 5 minutes...i have also complained about VW pushing to have people do ETF over check, and reading reports of people still not getting money after 4-5 days...
I have spoken with and emailed a CAS lawyer twice (phoned and followed up with a confirming email). The last time I was asked to contact him if I did not have an appointment set by 11/21, which I did not. During that conversation he said to give it a little more time, and to contact him again if nothing had happened by 12/5. Come next Monday, if I have yet to make an appointment, I will contact him again.
I'm not really mad at VW, just frustrated by the process. When you see others that submitted their offers well after you having turned their cars in already and you are just sitting there in limbo, it makes no sense. On top of that you get no explanation as to what the hold-up is. If they were to give a reason, at least you would have information, and you could then have an idea of what to expect, but you get nothing, just waiting to review 3 signatures and a stamp.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
I have spoken with and emailed a CAS lawyer twice (phoned and followed up with a confirming email). The last time I was asked to contact him if I did not have an appointment set by 11/21, which I did not. During that conversation he said to give it a little more time, and to contact him again if nothing had happened by 12/5. Come next Monday, if I have yet to make an appointment, I will contact him again.
I'm not really mad at VW, just frustrated by the process. When you see others that submitted their offers well after you having turned their cars in already and you are just sitting there in limbo, it makes no sense. On top of that you get no explanation as to what the hold-up is. If they were to give a reason, at least you would have information, and you could then have an idea of what to expect, but you get nothing, just waiting to review 3 signatures and a stamp.
my problem is that my car needs 2 tire replaced ASAP...i was planning not to replace them because i was calculating a early december return date...

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Us, as well, for our Passat -- notarized docs uploaded on 11/22. Still waiting on an offer for the Jetta even though I uploaded the original docs on the same day as the Passat. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the timing.
I did call the helpline this morning just to ask and the guy told me it could be up to 20 days before they verify my notarized document. If that is the case that would put it at 12/21 counting only business days and i would have to make another payment on the car as it is due 12/6 but bank told me i had a 10 day grace period so 12/16. Was really hoping to have it done before my next payment is due.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
I did call the helpline this morning just to ask and the guy told me it could be up to 20 days before they verify my notarized document. If that is the case that would put it at 12/21 counting only business days and i would have to make another payment on the car as it is due 12/6 but bank told me i had a 10 day grace period so 12/16. Was really hoping to have it done before my next payment is due.

That payment might already be accounted for in your buyback amount. Check your offer letter vs current outstanding loan balance.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Uploaded notarized docs on 11/18, just got to select my buyback appointment today (11/30). Appt is on 12/21.
Hopefully I get my email to schedule. I also uploaded 11/18.