Offer Letter Just Received

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I am financed through VW though (Maybe that causes a delay?)
Cars that are owned outright are getting offers faster than financed (VW or 3rd party) or leased cars. There have been a number of theories, ranging from fanciful to paranoid, about why this might be, but nobody on the outside really knows for sure. The most logical explanation to me seems to be that financed and leased vehicles simply take additional processing, which is what's leading to the perceived delays (even a five-minute phone call, multiplied by 200k cars, is going to add a lot of time).

But if it makes you feel any better, I submitted documents for all four of my cars (two financed, two owned outright) two months ago, and haven't gotten an offer on any of them. I even got the "documents accepted" email one one of them nearly a month ago (the others were this week).

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Just take a look at the spreadsheet. Those with loans or leases are way behind those with clear titles. Unless those folks aren't updating the spreadsheet, which I doubt. Not sure a call to the support folks would help. VW would better serve the consumer if they would provide the support folks with a verbatim logical response to the slow loan or leased cars process.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Weirdly, when I called last night to make sure I selected buyback rather than fix, the rep volunteered that my documents had been accepted and that I would receive an offer soon. I didn't ask about processing times or anything. I'm not naive enough to believe that means anything, but it was interesting given that they seem to be telling anybody who asks that it's going to be a month or more.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Got the offer stuff just now on the first JSW (no lien). Second, which had the docs accepted a few days after this one (and has a lien) is not done being evaluated yet.

JGEO

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I was told last week by a claims representative that my claim was audited by the 3rd party vendor on 11-4 and I would have an offer by 11-18, today. That would be the end of 10 business day since the 3rd party vendor received my claim. I called today and was told by a claim rep that I should receive an offer by 6pm today eastern time. Well that time has come and gone and my account on the claim site has not updated and I did not receive an email with the offer. Called back and they said it would come anytime. So I am off to wait yet again. My guess it that it will be Dec. 1st or 2nd regardless of what I have been told. I have a loan through VW so who knows how long it will actually take?

schreibers

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI
I was told last week by a claims representative that my claim was audited by the 3rd party vendor on 11-4 and I would have an offer by 11-18, today. That would be the end of 10 business day since the 3rd party vendor received my claim. I called today and was told by a claim rep that I should receive an offer by 6pm today eastern time.
Same timeline as you and was told the same by customer service last weekend. Technically due to Veterans Day 10 business days is Monday the 21st. Initial processing was fast 5 business days once docs were approved for 3rd party audit. With all the holidays coming up I can't fathom any buyback dates before the end of the year.

I don't have a loan though.

doche002

TDI
Jetta sportswagen 2011
Received my offer letter yesterday for my 2011 Jetta Sportswagen 4 D with sunroof and 113000 miles. The offer is $17,956 ($12,475 for Vehicle Return & $5481 restitution). My calculations done multiple times come to $23,124 ($17,687 Vehicle & $5437 restitution).
I called the helpline yesterday to ask what I can do in the event of an offer that does not match that calculated using their charts and the women on the line was less than helpful. "You should just take it cause what if the company goes bankrupt and then you will get nothing". This was just one of many statements she made that was not helpful. She took my name and number and said that someone would get back to me but I am not holding out hope. Has anyone heard of "final offers" that are up to $5000 less than calculated value? Any help appreciated. Feel free to redo my math as it would also help to know that I have done something wrong and that their offer is respectable.

dutchtak

TDI
2010 Golf
My guess is that you added the restitution twice. The original tables had that additional amount already included for buybacks. For reference my 2010 with a bit fewer miles is about 15k total.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Received my offer letter yesterday for my 2011 Jetta Sportswagen 4 D with sunroof and 113000 miles. The offer is $17,956 ($12,475 for Vehicle Return & $5481 restitution). My calculations done multiple times come to $23,124 ($17,687 Vehicle & $5437 restitution).
I called the helpline yesterday to ask what I can do in the event of an offer that does not match that calculated using their charts and the women on the line was less than helpful. "You should just take it cause what if the company goes bankrupt and then you will get nothing". This was just one of many statements she made that was not helpful. She took my name and number and said that someone would get back to me but I am not holding out hope. Has anyone heard of "final offers" that are up to $5000 less than calculated value? Any help appreciated. Feel free to redo my math as it would also help to know that I have done something wrong and that their offer is respectable.
The @ $18K buyback value from the spreadsheets included the @ $5400 for owner restitution. You don't add the two...

The Final Offer is the correct value.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
If everything happened at the pace necessary to verify the most complicated transaction, would that be better?

The faster they can get the appointments out the door, the better. Which means no lien, single owner situations with clear and easy to read documents would logically reach the end of the line first.

despain85

TDI
None yet!
Got my offer this morning, I originally chose the fix, but want the buyback now. Seriously don't understand why in the hell I would have to resubmit documents, there isn't a different document they need. Oh well, I'm not in to much of a hurry anyway. Guess I'll get it notarized tomorrow and submit the package and then hurry up and wait.

trave1guy

TDI
jetta
Just got my offer letter, however, the amount shown being sent to my lender (not VW credit) is about $11,000 less than what the lender shows I owe. It does show that $11,000 coming to me. Does anyone have an idea why there would be such a discrepancy? I'm away from home right now so can't call the hotline, guess I can wait till tomorrow to call my lender, just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

ToffeeTDI

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S 6MT
Got my offer letter this morning, and it's about $700 less than the calculator shows it should be, but matches what the portal states. I'm just under the mileage penalty so watching that carefully.

About a month apart between Submission (9/21), Review (10/21) and Offer (11/20).

Still leaning toward the fix and talked to a few dealer people who hoped the fix would be released in January.

Edit: Yes to loan thru VW Credit

Last edited:

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
Well, I uploaded my docs on 10/11. Got the email that they were accepted and under review 10/24. Still shows that status on the claims portal.
I haven't had a loan on the car since 8/2015, so, so much for that theory.
I'm thinking it has more to do with location.
I'm in S. Ca. The car is a 13 Passat.

Last edited:

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
I think your right about being in So Cal. Been approved since 10/13 picked Cerritos VW and no offer yet. Maybe not enough cashiers around here to give back some money?

csl223

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI, 6sp Manual
If everything happened at the pace necessary to verify the most complicated transaction, would that be better?

The faster they can get the appointments out the door, the better. Which means no lien, single owner situations with clear and easy to read documents would logically reach the end of the line first.
While some people may just be bitter that others are getting done quicker, that really isn't the problem... VW isn't meeting their deadlines for people with loans!

As has been said previously, I don't think most of us care if it takes 5 business days to process a claim without a lien... but regardless of how quickly those can be processed they STILL HAVE ONLY 10 BUSINESS DAYS to process offers for those with liens... and they don't seem to care about this (today is my 13th business day).

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
While some people may just be bitter that others are getting done quicker, that really isn't the problem... VW isn't meeting their deadlines for people with loans!
As has been said previously, I don't think most of us care if it takes 5 business days to process a claim without a lien... but regardless of how quickly those can be processed they STILL HAVE ONLY 10 BUSINESS DAYS to process offers for those with liens... and they don't seem to care about this (today is my 13th business day).
I have been waiting since 10/21 for my offer paperwork. My loan is thru VW credit. My next vehicle I am doing my own financing thru my bank. Just in case haha

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
The reason those of you that have docs approved before Nov 1 have not gotten an offer letter is because, and only because, VW is using the whole 20 days.

They didn't have to start until after 11/01, so those of us that were ahead of the process, so we thought, are actually not. VW started us all equal on 11/01.. even though we were not. Now add in loans and they are pushing the easier ones through first.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
^^^^^Learned my lesson will play by rules next time. I thought by uploading early and getting green checks 10/13 that I be done by now.

csl223

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI, 6sp Manual
The reason those of you that have docs approved before Nov 1 have not gotten an offer letter is because, and only because, VW is using the whole 20 days.

They didn't have to start until after 11/01, so those of us that were ahead of the process, so we thought, are actually not. VW started us all equal on 11/01.. even though we were not. Now add in loans and they are pushing the easier ones through first.
I don't get this argument... all the timelines i've seen say they have 10 days for document approval and 10 days to send an offer (i.e. 2 completely separate deadlines), not 20 days for all of it starting nov 1st.

This is a legal settlement, details are important... but please correct me if i am wrong!

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
I wonder how many of us who submitted in September decided to resubmit under a new account and got offers faster.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
anyone take pics of the notarized forms with their iPhone?

i am trying to load them to the claims site, but it will only let me select one pic, and there are obviously 7 i need to submit

it's not allowing me to select the 7 for some reason

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
anyone take pics of the notarized forms with their iPhone?

i am trying to load them to the claims site, but it will only let me select one pic, and there are obviously 7 i need to submit

it's not allowing me to select the 7 for some reason
Use a scanning tool from the itune store. I use CS scanner om my droid and it works great and puts it into one file.

Here a good cnet article and links to apps.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/best-scanning-apps-for-android-and-iphone/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876?mt=8

JimGarb

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav
Just called the bank and it looks there was a payoff request this morning!!! We're on our way, hopefully.