Response from VW today

tdidetroit

TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
The last part from VW that I got last night, 10/12, says:
We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I received the email to upload required documents today. I put in for keeping the car. must be for getting the $5000 when/if its fixed. but one the required docs wanted is a scan of front and back of title. Washington State issues no titles anymore. They are electronic. But can find no way to view them on DOL website, only to pay a fee for lost title.......I didn't lose it, they never gave me one. Oh the joys of working with the bureaucracy.
This is not true! At least in my case. I suspect your title was lost in the mail.

Washington State still issue paper titles. I bought a 97 Buick a couple of months ago - got the paper title in the mail a few weeks later. When I went to the county auditor's office to transfer title into my name I wasn't asked if I'd like an electronic title.

One thing the cheap bastard politicians have done is make you pay for new plates and new tabs even if the tabs on the car were renewed yesterday. One more way for the taxicrats to squeeze a few more bucks out of the wallets of hard working stiffs and money into the state coffers. Remember the '$30' car tabs? HA! Money grubbing bastards have managed to double that with all the fees they've piled on to the process.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
This is not true! At least in my case. I suspect your title was lost in the mail.

Washington State still issue paper titles. I bought a 97 Buick a couple of months ago - got the paper title in the mail a few weeks later. When I went to the county auditor's office to transfer title into my name I wasn't asked if I'd like an electronic title.

One thing the cheap bastard politicians have done is make you pay for new plates and new tabs even if the tabs on the car were renewed yesterday. One more way for the taxicrats to squeeze a few more bucks out of the wallets of hard working stiffs and money into the state coffers. Remember the '$30' car tabs? HA! Money grubbing bastards have managed to double that with all the fees they've piled on to the process.

I bought the car in WA. moved out of state but never transferred title to new state because I knew I was moving back to WA after a few years. Upon moving back still had the same cars I moved away with. When re-licenseing the cars, I had to show the title to the 2001 Suburban to get
the plates. Told them I didn't have the Title to the VW. Never got it after paying off the loan. The lady at the License counter said I will not get one for the VW. They are all electronic now and she could see that it was paid off and titled in Washington. But of course it wouldn't be the first time I was given bad information by someone that was suppose to know.

MD Vet

TDI
Jetta
I uploaded on Sep 30.

For anyone who has not received the e-mail, does your portal still say "(Steps 13-15)" under "Qualification & Documentation" at the top of the screen?

Also, does it still say "Status: Document received and under review" for each document?

Thanks all, just wondering if it's my fault I'm only on step 13, or if step 14 is only achievable once the documents are declared satisfactory.

11JSWTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta SW 6MT(sold)
I uploaded on Sep 30.

For anyone who has not received the e-mail, does your portal still say "(Steps 13-15)" under "Qualification & Documentation" at the top of the screen?

Also, does it still say "Status: Document received and under review" for each document?

Thanks all, just wondering if it's my fault I'm only on step 13, or if step 14 is only achievable once the documents are declared satisfactory.

I uploaded my docs on the 29th and I have the same messages as you. My Step 15, is a light green color (13 & 14 are gray) so I assume our docs are still being reviewed.

MD Vet

TDI
Jetta
I uploaded my docs on the 29th and I have the same messages as you. My Step 15, is a light green color (13 & 14 are gray) so I assume our docs are still being reviewed.
oops, I just realized step 15 is green...oh man I feel stupid :eek: been on step 15 this whole time.:rolleyes::D

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
I sent mine it by snail mail....

Don't feel left out - I used that same snail.

(sure my #15 is green - but "waiting on your mail" appears in all the categories!!

Well, we have two years (and I'd rather drive my 6M TDI Wagen than just about anything else).

Altho, I did have a Corvette when I wore the Blue and Gold.............

ez sends

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I uploaded on 9/17 and got a confirmation they received them. No news since then?? I am on a lease from VW!

Last edited:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
It would be useful to know, when reporting whether or not you have gotten a VW response, whether you uploaded a clean (no lien) title, or if you have a lien (car loan) on your turn in car.

A car with a lien should, I think, require more review than one with a no lien title.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
It would be useful to know, when reporting whether or not you have gotten a VW response, whether you uploaded a clean (no lien) title, or if you have a lien (car loan) on your turn in car.

A car with a lien should, I think, require more review than one with a no lien title.

Clean title, single owner, no lien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
I never got a notice to upload documents. It was only by happenstance that I logged into the site last week and noticed that they're now requesting copies of my drivers license and registration. I uploaded those on Saturday and am now waiting.

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
Maybe, maybe not. Somebody has to review uploaded title information for a car without a lien. For someone financed through VW there is some form of electronic verification happening. I did not have to upload any documentation other than Drivers License and Registration.

Last edited:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Maybe, maybe not. Somebody has to review uploaded title information for a car without a lien. For someone financed through VW there is some form of electronic verification because I did not have to upload any documentation other than Drivers License and Registration.
What if you financed through Podunk Hills Credit Union in Lower Alloway Creek, NJ?

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
What if you financed through Podunk Hills Credit Union in Lower Alloway Creek, NJ?
I think if you financed from someone other than VW Credit, you had to sign and upload some form of authorization so that VW could access your account information and/or payoff your loan when the time comes.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
I think if you financed from someone other than VW Credit, you had to sign and upload some form of authorization so that VW could access your account information and/or payoff your loan when the time comes.
And checking all that out would likely add complication to approving your document submissions, especially if VW had to talk to someone at the lien holder on the phone.

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
And checking all that out would likely add complication to approving your document submissions, especially if VW had to talk to someone at the lien holder on the phone.
Right. I was only saying that being financed with VW could be the quickest option. I would guess being financed through other institutions would be the slowest.

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow! :)

Last edited:

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Submitted the first day. I've heard nothing. Financed through an Oregon credit union. I have the title for some reason?

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Not sure the rhyme or reason for some states issuing paper titles one time, then electronic titles others. In my case, I had to get the paper title (Florida) in order to turnin in GA. So 4 bucks later I have my paper title.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Email just came. Same content as OP, minus the 10 day window statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Just received my two emails as well.

Clear titles in hand, no liens. Both registered to me.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
Received my email about 7:30PM PDT.

EDIT: This verbage is off the website regarding my claim.

We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

We submitted on the 17th. We own the Jetta and hold the title.

Last edited:

Layne12gun

TDI
2014 Passat
Well I'm glad others are seeing some action. i sent my paperwork in on 9/29/2016 USPS Certified mail return receipt. Priority. i have not heard a thing. Checked the portal and is still shows that my claim is awaiting my mailing of the documents. Frankly I' a little P.O.ed!!! What is the big problem reviewing 4 documents that they requested. Frankly i believe that they are dragging their feet deliberately !! Spoke to someone the other day who said his was already done. Of course he purchased another VW. Took care of him right away. VW better get off their duffs and get the job done. !! or maybe the federal judge need to know what is going on. !! and what is with this determining if you are eligible . They just confirmed your paperwork . !! All Bull Honkey to me !!!!

Last edited:
T

Tabbycat

Mine was submitted on 9/19, haven't heard anything back yet.
no liens

usarmy132

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Upload my documents on 9/19. No emails yet, decided to check on website, however website is down "The site is currently unavailable for maintenance and routine updates.
For any immediate concerns, please call 1-844-98-CLAIM (844-982-5246)."