Response from VW today

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Sent my paper work in a month ago and today I received this from VW,

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 1*%+#%£. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else?

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 1*%+#%£. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else?
Thanks for that report. I wondered if the folks organizing the settlement would acknowledge receipt of the required documentation.

Now we know if we don't receive a similar response we're missing an ingredient.

tdidetroit

TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
I got the same response last night from VW.

We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number 1*%+#%£. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program after the Settlement Program becomes effective. And at end it said they will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days.

This past Monday a blinking coil light and temporary lost power while driving have convinced me to turn in our car sooner rather than later(dealer is waiting for fuel pump to come in).

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
Well this is quite good news I would say. I submitted my documents the day or day after the system to upload them went live and I have not heard anything yet but it probably will not be long.

When did the people who have received this email actually submit your documents? I would like to compare my date of submission to yours.

RalphVa

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta

Anybody else?
How did you receive it?

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
I received the email from VW claims last night. Just checked my records and I turned in my paperwork 8/1 not 9/1. There getting ready they know the judge will sign this off it's a done deal.

Last edited:

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I'm confused the upload site did not go live until on or around 15 September how did you upload your documents in August?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
I received the email from VW claims last night. Just checked my records and I turned in my paperwork 8/1 not 9/1. There getting ready they know the judge will sign this off it's a done deal.
I don't think the portal was accepting documents until about mid September. My successful submission email was 9/17 and I got them in within a few days of people saying the portal was accepting documents.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
August 1 you did what? Registered on the claims portal, or uploaded your documents? When you first register a vehicle, you'll get two emails, one with a subject of "VWGoA Online Claims Portal - Reference Number" and the second with a subject of " - Your Option Confirmation". When you submit the documents online, you get another email, and that subject ends with " - Documents Submission".

As far as anyone here knows, the ability to submit documents didn't become available until mid-September. I registered a car on the portal on 8/6, and didn't have the ability to upload anything. I uploaded documents for three cars on 9/17, as soon as I learned (here) of the ability to do so, and the fourth on 9/22 (hadn't gotten the title on that one yet on 9/17).

Would you mind posting the content of your August 1 emails (masking any unique numbers if you prefer)?

josterch

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Co-registrant entry field?

I got a response that my paperwork is incomplete because I didn't enter the co-registrant information. The documents review page on claims.vwgoa.com states the following:

Requires Action: Missing Co-Registrant Name

Resolution: Since the Settlement is provided to registered owner(s) of the vehicle, we need both registered owners listed in the Claims Portal.

If you currently are the sole registered owner, please provide a new document that matches only the Registered Owner Name provided in the Claims Portal.If you need to add an additional registered owner to the Claims Portal, you can add the additional registered owner under the Co-Registrant Name field in the portal by clicking on the ACCOUNT button at the top of this screen.

I can't find the Co-Registrant Name field anywhere in the account page. Anybody else have this issue?
>>>

Update: Response from VWGoA chat session:

Tiffany @ 10/13/16 9:20 AM :

==> At the moment, there is no way for you to add that information to your initial claim. The website is actively being updated to allow you to do so. I apologize for the inconvenience but, I recommend that you check back daily to see if we've resolved this issue.

Last edited:

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Ok checked again 8/1 I signed up and 8/6 is when I sent in my paperwork and they responded they received them.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I just uploaded the documents yesterday. I received no email notification that I needed to upload documents. Did anyone else get an email to upload documents?

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
A distraction from the distraction, no loner thinking about the buyback but arguing about the actual date the uploads were allowed. Fun.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
PM your email and I'll send you a copy of my reply they sent me 8/1
I can't understand how to put pictures here

IA DPE

TDI
2009 Jetta (sold back 08/18); 2014 Q5 (totaled 12/19😥); 2013 Dodge Cummins
I received my "we've received your documents, standby for news" email on 9/17. Nothing since...

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I just uploaded the documents yesterday. I received no email notification that I needed to upload documents. Did anyone else get an email to upload documents?
Nothing went out. There was no reason to do so. Various club members checked the portal daily and when it was ready to accept documents, those members shared the info on this forum. If you want to stay up to date, this forum is the place to be.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Copied from another thread:

d. Buyback and Lease Termination Scheduling. Appointments for Buybacks and Lease Terminations will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Pretty sure if you're submitting documents now, you'll be a ways down the list.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
If you can find old threads here you can see it started 8/1

The upload part of the portal did not go live until mid September. The portal itself was live so you could register your car. It was live end of July (my registration was 7/28). But the upload of documents was not until mid-November.

ETA: The thread in this forum about the upload going live is dated 9/17 with first post. It actually happened a few days prior based on other comments.

Last edited:

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
I got that E-mail today also. Interestingly I have 2 effected cars (One with a loan and one without). I submitted them both at the same time, and the E-mail I got today was regarding the one with an outstanding loan. Maybe they are doing these first since they have to work with the banks (Pure speculation)

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Ok boys this is what I got 8/1 and when I clicked next it asked me to upload my paperwork

VWGoA Online Claims Portal - Reference Number
August 1, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Thank you for completing your profile in the Online Claims Portal for the proposed Volkswagen Group of America Diesel Emissions Settlement Program. The vehicle associated with your profile is 1VW**************. Your reference number is 1*******.

Please click here to continue to the Portal and review next steps and options.

If you believe this email was sent to you in error, please contact the Volkswagen Group of America Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM (844-982-5246).

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok boys this is what I got 8/1 and when I clicked next it asked me to upload my paperwork
VWGoA Online Claims Portal - Reference Number
August 1, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Thank you for completing your profile in the Online Claims Portal for the proposed Volkswagen Group of America Diesel Emissions Settlement Program. The vehicle associated with your profile is 1VW**************. Your reference number is 1*******.
Please click here to continue to the Portal and review next steps and options.
If you believe this email was sent to you in error, please contact the Volkswagen Group of America Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM (844-982-5246).

Yes, that is just completing the claim profile registration for your car. It is not uploading the documents. I have the same email from 7/28.

I got the following email on 9/17. The document upload process is a separate process from the initial profile creation / registration

VWGoA Online Claims Portal - Documents Submission

Thank you for submitting your documents in the Online Claims Portal. Next, we will begin reviewing your documents to ensure that you have provided all of the necessary documents and information to determine your eligibility. We will contact you when the documents are reviewed.