Red TDI badge

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'm planning on ordering a <font color="red">Red</font> TDI badge from Radman very shortly - like late today or Wednesday latest. If you'd also like one and will share the shipping, you're welcome to jump aboard. Don't delay - order today!
Rob

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
$20 CDN dollars. Ill pay the shipping (all to one location) if enough guys jump in. I have around 6 of them left.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
Well, that's 3 sets so far. I'll send a PM to Radman tomorrow for a total with shipping and then send it off to him.
This is a last call! (at least for me - I'm off to bed now
)

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes I will pay shipping. Actually Ill ship them from my work as samples with a brochure via Fed-Ex or Purolator. I will only be able to ship on tuesday as I took a few days off for the long weekend. So any last minute ordrs advise Rob before Monday. He will PayPal me Monday so I can ship tuesday. Maximum 7 orders. I only have 7 badges left

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just checked my inventory and I have only 5 left. 2 are spoken for locally.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'm going to send a paypal sometime tonight for the TDI badges. We've got just 3 takers so far.
Now's your chance if you were sitting on the fence to get a bit of <font color="red">red pizzaz</font> on the rear of your dub!

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I also painted my calipers red this weekend.
Funny how explaining that doing a job like that is not really enjoyable, but is only done to prevent rusting, makes the wife appreciate how well you take care of the car!
Of course it looks good too, but that's just the icing on the cake

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just hope you rub your wife as much as you rub your car
. Ill ship the badges today.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'll be in tonight...
Give me a shout
835-7728
Even better, if you know how to remove the old and replace the new, bring that knowledge with you! I've got Goo Gone here if that helps...

BeckyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, Canyon Red
Dental floss worked well for me to remove mine...just slide it between the badge and the car...I don't know any other way. Goo Gone works well to get the gunk off...you have to pick and peel the foamy mounting tape off first though if you use the dental floss route.

Snide

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
Dental floss worked well for me to remove mine...just slide it between the badge and the car...I don't know any other way. Goo Gone works well to get the gunk off...you have to pick and peel the foamy mounting tape off first though if you use the dental floss route.
Yep, dental floss or fishing line.
I would also recomend having a heat gun or hair dryer handy, makes the job much easier if you can heat up the adhesive tape that's on the back of the stock badge.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
Good suggestions.
I'll use a heat gun and some floss, then clean up with the Goo Gone. This now gives me a good excuse to wash the car tomorrow - not that I really need an excuse - it's all good exercise! Did I mention that's the only exercise I get?

Bootre

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI, 2003, Indego Blue
I was going to say I used a heat gun as well and they came off pretty clean. I then used a cleaner wax to make sure the spot was nice and clean before I stuck the new letters on.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
There's the real trick - make sure you give the old badge spot a good buffing before you put the new badges on. Not to put a coat of wax down, but to buff away any "leftover" marks form the old badge.

Tony did this for me when I de-badged the rear end - worked like a charm.

Dental floss works fine - I have "professional" level cleaner goop - this was all I used to get the old sticky off the car - plus some elbow grease.

A hair dryer would be nice too - just watch you don't overheat the paint.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
HOT DAMN! These are the real deal. VW & Audi logos and part numbers, too.

They come ready to do with adhesive tape all held together by a template - peel, place, push - you're done.

Geez, that kinda sounds like Jeff there...and just as quick, too...LOL