06 BRM PD Bad Camshaft or bad Injector seals? Or What???

smity71

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM 275,000 mi
I took the intake pipe off just after the MAF and did not have any air puffing back towards the MAF. I then took the oil fill cap off and it felt like it the exhaust coming from the tail pipe. It was blowing out at a good flow. Any ideas for this sympton? Please and thank you for any help.

smity71

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM 275,000 mi
When I say it was flowing out it is not normal at the amount of air flow. It started to stumble when driving off and runs rough. I have max injector quantities on all injectors 3.00, -2.99, 3.01, -3.00. I did have a serpentine belt break on it a few months back but I replaced it and didn't have issues with it until recently when it died on the interstate gettiing off at an exit. After that I replaced the fuel filter( it was literally all black) and checked the air filter which was clean. Thinking I should start with injector seals??(maybe leaking exhaust back into the crankcase if that is a possible)? Just need some ideas to get this back on the road. It does have approx 283,000 miles.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
If you just set the oil cap on and start it does the cap blow off or just rattle and bounce around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Hole in a piston, broken rings,

How about a compression test and leak down test?