CCV idea..environmentally friendly??

Ed52

Veteran Member
I assume original system is closed to the atmosphere. Why not make a 2 or 3 foot detour pipe (between valve cover and intake) of same diameter and use filter material found in kitchen exhaust fans. This length of pipe will allow fumes to cool and condense in the filter material. The oil fumes would settle in pipe and filter and they would only need to be cleaned. Perhaps even two pipes of smaller diameter could be used because of the greater cooling area.Just wondering....hmmm!

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Any of the fan stuff is gonna fall into the turbo and BOOM, bad BOOM. If you want to do it clean, run a hose to a catch can and empty the can every oil change.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: Oldman ]

M

mickey

Drivebiwire has installed a RACOR filter, which removes all the oil vapor and returns the "cleaned" gases to the stock CCV inlet. He's rigged up the filter's sump to drain the clean, distilled engine oil back to the crankcase. It's really cool! He used clear vinyl hoses for the CCV plumbing. You can see that the filter's inlet hose is black with gunk, but the outlet hose is perfectly clear!

-mickey

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
check out my CCV bypass setup in the maintenance section.

it works VERY well.

I use Aluminum wool as a filter material and some ultra fine metal cloth as a barrier to any aluminum bits.
100% safe from turbo destruction.

Check it out:CCV mod