2015 CPO Sportwagen, recall?

Isaac-1

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
I just bought a low miles (18,200) 2015 Golf Sportwagen for my son on Saturday, got it home and found the sticker under the hood lists the emissions recall as partial, dated 6-10-19, further search on the VW VIN recall page shows it is also lacking the rear spring replacement recall.

Is it common to buy CPO cars that are missing published recalls? Also I thought I read on here that all current CPO cars should have the emissions recall work completed.

It has to go back to the dealer to get a broken seat knob fixed in the next couple of days (the service department was closed on Saturday when we bought the car), so I wanted your thoughts on this before we take it back.

thanks

p.s. here is the free carfax link in case you need any other information https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DLR_3&vin=3VWCA7AU3FM501598

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Regarding your question about why emissions wasn’t completely done, from what I’ve read, if they mess with any part of the emissions on the car, say do phase 1, then sell it they are fine. It’s a loophole I suppose in the settlement? From what I’ve read on this site and others this loophole lets them sell cars to get money flowing back in, then they have the car in later to be fixed completely (phase 2) under warranty/recall.

Kind of interesting that the car fax doesn’t show that any of the emissions stuff was messed with. I know mine does.

Regarding your coil spring recall, that one is rather new and at the time of posting yours for sale it might not have populated on the list. Last I checked mine still hasn’t and from what I’ve read it should come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac-1

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Maybe it missed along in the process, the dealer has had the car for about 3 weeks, listed on their web site for at least a week, completed the CPO process and was put on the lot for sale on Thursday, we bought it on Saturday. As of Saturday night it was showing as needing the rear spring recall on the VW recall VIN lookup tool.

Isaac-1

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Well this is getting more and more confusing, VW Cares says it is policy to do all recalls before a VW dealer resells a car, the salesman at the dealership says the recall work was done, which given the partial completion on the emissions recall sticker dated 6-10-19 under the hood is clearly not true. And it seems it can take up to 10 days for the information to make it to the VIN database.

p.s. just got off the phone with the service department at the dealership, they claim it has full emissions recall done, and the sticker was just put on wrong.

Is there an easy way to visually confirm that the full emissions recall has been done?

Last edited:

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
My sticker is under the gold but does not show all thr work has been done. You’re not the only one mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac-1

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Our sticker is different it reads "TDI EMISSIONS MODIFICATION - PROOF OF PARTIAL COMPLETION" and does not have the bottom checkbox that yours has. None of the check boxes are checked. My concern is not so much that the modification has not been done, but instead it is that the service department claims it has been done, but the sticker contradicts them

nathanso

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI S 6M (sold)
Ask your salesman for a copy of their internal invoice for the CPO reconditioning and emission control system updates they performed prior to putting the car up for sale. I was able to obtain a 4-page invoice that showed the 23Y8 Recall work, but also a host of other services such as an oil change, new air and cabin filters, new wiper blades, new battery, topped up Adblue, brake fluid flush, and CA smog test.

Isaac-1

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
I may try and do that, but I can tell you one other thing they missed that is on your list, the rear wiper blade is falling apart and flopping around on ours.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Did all the 2015 golfs get takata bags? Passats did and had mine replaced.