Last days of the VW Settlement...

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
2011 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SE
I'm one of the few who appealed the CRC's decision and actually won.
I've gone through most of the process now and have submitted my notarized buyback offer. Waiting on VW now to make an appointment for turn-in.
From what I've read on here, most of you who were rejected by VW were talking about suing independently.
Did you?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
What was the reason for your appeal? How long did it take from appeal date to when you got a response that you won?

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
What was the reason for your appeal? How long did it take from appeal date to when you got a response that you won?
It was a nightmare!

I appealed because I filed my claim on-time and they said I didn't.

When my claim was denied initially, I filed the appeal via email on Sep 10th or so and only this last week did I get a decision. That's about 6 months of waiting.

I knew my appeal would be approved because I had proof that I faxed the claim on Sep 1st. They had no legal grounds to deny the claim. In the meantime I was driving the hell out of my 2009 JSW TDI.

Everything worked out, though, in the end.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
I'm one of the few who appealed the CRC's decision and actually won.
I've gone through most of the process now and have submitted my notarized buyback offer. Waiting on VW now to make an appointment for turn-in.
From what I've read on here, most of you who were rejected by VW were talking about suing independently.
Did you?
^^^ Yes, it is a work in progress.

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
^^^ Yes, it is a work in progress.
My buyback appointment is Wednesday 2/20/19 at my local VW.

I have been driving the car this whole time, even though I recently purchased a newer 2011 JSW TDI to replace the buyback as my daily driver.

Looking forward to unloading this car and moving on. I elected to receive the EFT deposit over the paper check.

Will update again about the actual buyback experience with the VW rep.

:cool:

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Will update again about the actual buyback experience with the VW rep.
Honestly, no one cares... 99% of people here already did their buybacks and know exactly how it goes.

Here is a preview, you come in, they call VW, verify info, you drive the car for 5 feet each directly, sign 2 more pieces of paper. Say thank you and leave.

KevinGary

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI
Honestly, no one cares... 99% of people here already did their buybacks and know exactly how it goes.
Here is a preview, you come in, they call VW, verify info, you drive the car for 5 feet each directly, sign 2 more pieces of paper. Say thank you and leave.
Hysterical

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
I've read the threads about it and that's not exactly how it goes.....

Some people had a tougher time getting their car accepted by corporate VW than others, plus some stripped their cars.

Mine shouldn't have an issue because it runs and has all the factory components, even though my dash is lit up like a Xmas tree!

VW tried to change the rules mid-stream after they saw that customers were taking advantage of the system by stripping cars.....

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
Buyback appointment went smoothly; took about an hour.

They took their pictures and didn't even check for the spare, which I kept.

The sales manager said I should receive the Chase e-mail in one business day, even though it can take 3.

I was happy just to unload the 2009 JSW TDI (187K miles). Still ran great, but dash was lit up, tires were going bald and the AC died last summer.

:D

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf

Haha. More like 99.9%. Seriously why does this thread even exist, except for OP to brag on self.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Haha. More like 99.9%. Seriously why does this thread even exist, except for OP to brag on self.
LOL exactly, I first typed 99.99% but then figured may be someone will be a smart ass and say that now all 3.0Ls are done yet

DIVISIONINCISION

TDI
LOL exactly, I first typed 99.99% but then figured may be someone will be a smart ass and say that now all 3.0Ls are done yet
I was one of the last buybacks in the country.

There are a few more scattered throughout, but only 5 days left...

Some of us were able to milk those last few TDI miles until the last drop!

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
I still have an appeal pending, so I'm interested. I'm curious about whether they only sent you written notification of the decision, or if they emailed as well as sending a letter. Since I haven't received anything yet, I'm wondering if I could have missed the letter. I definitely have not received an email. They can't seriously enforce the Feb. 28th deadline if they haven't even responded to the appeals yet, can they?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I still have an appeal pending, so I'm interested. I'm curious about whether they only sent you written notification of the decision, or if they emailed as well as sending a letter. Since I haven't received anything yet, I'm wondering if I could have missed the letter. I definitely have not received an email. They can't seriously enforce the Feb. 28th deadline if they haven't even responded to the appeals yet, can they?
My appeal decline emails were all sent to SPAM by gmail. However, I also got physical letter a around the same time.

HOWEVER, another appeal got approved yesterday - February 25th! I got an email stating that my appeal was approved and my claim can now be re-submitted. However, that Feb 28th deadline is still in effect and I have not received an offer letter yet.

That being said, I already spoke with VW and Lieff Cabraser representative and everyone assured me of one thing - IF your appeal is granted during this last week, they WILL make special arrangements to get everything done as quickly as possible. You MUST upload all documents and signed offer ASAP, you cannot drag it out on purpose.

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
Thanks for the reply. I heard back from the plaintiff's attorney that is helping me, and apparently my case is still being disputed and I should have a decision by next week. I was also assured that the deadline would not apply in my case.

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
My appeal decline emails were all sent to SPAM by gmail. However, I also got physical letter a around the same time.
HOWEVER, another appeal got approved yesterday - February 25th! I got an email stating that my appeal was approved and my claim can now be re-submitted. However, that Feb 28th deadline is still in effect and I have not received an offer letter yet.
That being said, I already spoke with VW and Lieff Cabraser representative and everyone assured me of one thing - IF your appeal is granted during this last week, they WILL make special arrangements to get everything done as quickly as possible. You MUST upload all documents and signed offer ASAP, you cannot drag it out on purpose.
Just curious, if you don't mind sharing - what was the basis of your appeal? Just curious what sorts of things are still getting approved.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Thanks for the reply. I heard back from the plaintiff's attorney that is helping me, and apparently my case is still being disputed and I should have a decision by next week. I was also assured that the deadline would not apply in my case.
Dang, I was hoping I was one of the last in the country, guess you have me beat! Yeah they all told me don't worry, we will make it work. I was scheduling appointment yesterday and had to do it over the phone because online portal does not accept 2.0 appointments any more.

Just curious, if you don't mind sharing - what was the basis of your appeal? Just curious what sorts of things are still getting approved.
I sent in my appeal on the very last day January 13th which is probably why it got appealed only now. My appeal was due to the fact that a non-VW dealer owned the vehicle starting Aug 2015 and then sold it to me in 2018 and I am also non-VW dealer. It got rejected for not being registered, but because everyone was a non-VW dealer, settlement allowed for this so they approved it.

utahjd

TDI
2009 JSW
I received notice today that my appeal was granted. So I'll be saying goodbye to my 10 year old JSW in coming days...

My appeal took almost 5 months. I submitted it Nov. 1.