• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Buyer/seller feedback thread

xphillips

TDI
2010 Touareg TDI
New member asks about TDI 3-alpa character designation

How do I verify what my 2005 Passat TDI is. (For instance some use ALH)

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Bought: Neuspeed front sway bar from mturonek461
Date: 06/2015
Communication: Excellent
Shipping: Good. Contents arrived undamaged.
Comments: Smooth transaction, no issues.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Bought: lift pump from midntdi
Date: 07/2015

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Bought: MKIV leather center armrest from rexNICO
Date: 7-5-16
Shipping: Very quick, tracking provided
Comments: This seller should give classes on how to properly package items. Item was received VERY VERY well packaged. Item was as described, very happy customer!

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Sold: 11mm IP to proto
Date: 7-16-16
Shipping: Very quick, tracking provided
Comments: Buyer paid right away and gave specific shipping instructions

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Attempted to buy: Boxster front caliper kit from mextdi
Date: 7-6-16
Shipping: N/A
Comments: After many PM's back and forth about this transaction, the seller sent me his final price shipped and I said OK. I asked one more question that was answered promptly. The same day I sent full payment, soon after getting a full refund with the seller claiming that "he got a better deal locally, (more $$$) that he could not refuse." Also added an apology and that money is tight.

No real loss or gain - just saying.....

Last edited:

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
I sold: VW Dealer Gift Card to runonbeer
Date of Transaction: 2016/08/08
Comments: Extremely straightforward and smooth transaction. Highly recommended.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I BOUGHT 3 2015 Durban wheels with tires from evantful
Date of Transaction: 2016 AUG 14
Comments: Great seller with excellent communication. Wheels were exactly as described.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Bought: strut caps, ccv and oil cap from Milage King
Date: 10/18/16

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Bought: ALH engine cover and serp belt tensioner from Jesse Boyer
Date: 12/7/16
Shipping: All arrived unscathed
Comments: First time buying anything through the TDIClub forums; this experience is reflective of what a great collection of folks on this site! Thanks, Jesse!

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
I Scott02 bought a PolarFIS from sootchucker.

Date of Transaction: 2016 Feb
Comments: Very smooth transaction. Great with email updates concerning payment receipt, package drop off, tracking number, etc. I would gladly buy from him again.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Bought: Slide hammer from panthers89fan90
Date: 02/2017
Shipping: Excellent. Everything was sufficiently packed and arrived undamaged.
Comments: No issues with transaction, communication, items or shipping. Would buy from again.
Thanks again, buddy :)

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
Bought: 2001 golf tdi from tdimotors
Date: 2/16
Communication: average
Shipping: Arrived with busted mirror
Comments: Paid $6200 for "good running" car. I will say they appear to have an inclination to use aftermarket/chinesium parts. The big stuff it will need now is more suspension work, timing belt, and turbo. After one year of ownership, I'll be around $10k into a stock runner with 160,000 miles. I'm fortunate to have survived driving this "good running" car, although I wouldn't recommend this type of transaction for most people. It has very little rust and a straight one owner body which is amazing. Still I'd say be very weary.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
I bought a 2003 Jetta Wagon from Growler
Date of Transaction: 05 June 2017
Comments: Fantastic experience. He is a trustworthy member and I would buy from him again. He went beyond what I expected of him and I appreciate all he's done!

For sale Thread

jcruse64

TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
BarryT82 Excellent Seller!

Bought: 2012/2013 RCD-510 radio from BarryT82 for my '10 Jetta.Date: 06/09/17
Excellent
Communication:
Excellent
Shipping:
Excellent. Contents well packaged, arrived undamaged.
Comments:
Smooth transaction, no issues. Would do business with Barry any time.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I bought from: alhutch
Date of Transaction: July 8, 2017
Comments: I bought his 02 Golf. It was exactly as described and the transaction went very smoothly. Al is a great guy.

FlyingFin

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Avant AFN
I bought an Engine, fuel pump and a few otehr bits and bobs and had some work done on my car by

MIKKIJAYNE

The quality of her work is exemplary and the car now runs like a dream!

BHodgkiss Also is doing the remapping of the car and again his work is Excellent!

This was a recent transaction over the past two months or so and I cannot praise their work highly enough!!

Thanks guys!!

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Seller: kooyajerms
Item: Ross Tech Hex+Can cable
Date: 7-14-17 Payment was sent via Paypal
Received: 7-20-17 (was promptly mailed Monday 7-17)

Received a like new Hex+Can cable, great communication from kooyajerms during the transaction. Much appreciated, and a trustable seller.

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
I Bought a (ALH Power Steering Pump and Vac Ball) From GotEuroCorrado
Date of Transaction: 7/22/2017
Comments: Got everything in a timely manner for a good price! Thanks again

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I bought a Panzer Plate from maybe368 from his turned in 2014 Beetle. As it turns out it won't fit my new 2015 Beetle without cutting off some supports for the air box. maybe368 offered to take it back without issue. I thanked him for offering but will keep it and see what can be done. Dieselgeek sent me some instructions on how to trim the mounting tabs to make it fit, but I don't really want to carve into the car if I can help it. Thanks to maybe368 for the plate and the offer to take it back! Good person to deal with.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Bought: dual gauge pod & boost gauge from fingeradrenaline
Date: 10-11-17
Shipping: Excellent. No issues.
Comments: Smooth transaction. Would do business with again.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
Seller: leicaman
Date: Dec 2017

I bought a few parts from him and couldn't be any more satisfied with the transaction, great member to do business with.

ConvergenceFreak

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon GLS w/ 5-speed swap
Seller: Ksmoker
Date: Oct. 2015

Bought a 02J trans swap from Ksmoker (Kyle Smoker of Prospect, VA cell: (434) 414-8724) and assisted him in a 2 day 01m to 02J trans swap. Also acted as his runner to get parts to complete the swap.

Comments:
1) Stated a good used clutch from "a friend" would be organized, it was not. So he installed the one from the donor car, but, it was a race clutch and was useless for city driving.
2) Stated he could replace a rear main seal, but, after he did, it leaked, since he used a screwdriver to install it. Since the RMS had to be replaced again, he stopped communicating and never followed through on mailing the skinny brake pedal to me (to do myself) either.
3) Stated the back up lights work, but, they didn't (wrong connector from donor)
4) Used an "I was robbed and I need the cash fast" tactic to try to get me to send him a large depo$it. Instead I went to VA the next day to do get it done. Nothing off the donor car was even pulled.

-He seemed trustworthy & knowledgeable, but, I would not trust his statements again. I offered to have him do additional work at the same time as replacing the RMS (again), but, no answer. The trans had to be pulled by another mechanic to repair the RMS, and the time & money lost un-recoverable. Le$$on(s) learned.

He seems to have disappeared as Ksmoker. Another user posted an even worse problem around the same time in 2015.

Last edited:

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Seller: GotEuroCorrado
Date: Feb 2017
Bought a TDI starter, was shipped securely wrapped and boxed, in a timely manner.

Seller: Hiccup
Date: Oct 2017
I purchased a set of pop-off engine cover parts, which arrived quickly, packed well, and were even shipped with tracking.

Seller: spyTDI
Date: Jan 2018Feedback: Positive
I bought a Strut nut wrench and strut/spindle spreader from him, which arrived quickly and well packed.

The_Hater

TDI
2012 jetta TDi, 2015 TDI GSW
Seller - GotEuroCoraddo
Item - Used Eco-Hitch
Date of Transaction: 4/8/18
Feedback: Roman facilitated a purchase of the hitch, which belonged to his friend. I paypal'ed the friend, but he also trusted Roman enough to give me the option to pay him in cash. Met up with me at his shop in Hatboro. Quick and Easy sale

SandbaggerOne

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Sedan (RIP)
Attempted to sell: MkIV Bentley Manuals to SKI-R
Date: 4-8-18
Shipping: None
Comments: Shipping 11 pounds of books to Canada is shockingly expensive! SKI-R was great to deal with, even though we decided the shipping hassle wasn't worth it.

Sold: MkIV Bentley Manuals to Fahrvegnugen
Date: 4-9-18
Shipping: Next day, tracking provided
Comments: Buyer paid right away, very pleasant to deal with.

Sold: Oil Filter Wrench and Metalnerd Alternator Pulley Puller to blueatlantic
Date: 4-10-18
Shipping: Two days, tracking provided
Comments: Buyer paid right away. Again, a pleasure to deal with.

Sold: Assenmacher oil funnel to dmule3
Date: 4-12-18

Sold: relays, fender inserts, drain plug, and wiper blades to 1towman
Date: 4-16-18

Last edited: