Open doors simbol on golf IV sport edition Full-Fis tacho installed on a LEON

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
Hi to all, i'm italian owner of a SEAT Leon TDI 150cv (october 2005)..

I’ve found right now your GREAT site/forum full of interesting things!:)

I've already read a lot of things around the net, and the installation of a golf IV sport edition full-fis tacho on a Leon is fully possible..

I've have all the MFA function but without pixel display and my Leon is CAN-BUS (in fact my original tacho is 1M0 920 822 E)

I'm talking about Golf IV sport edition euro tdi tacho 1J5920846C..:cool:

I'd like to know if who has installed those tacho or similar (R32 or TDI) got the open doors symbol (with a pixel draw of the car with the interested 4 doors + 2 hood/trunk opened)working on their cars..

Because on the leon this function don't work (some german user have done the upgrade)..someone tells that's a problem of CAN-GATEWAY, others tell that in the Leon some GOLFIV sensors are missing..:confused:

Could someone help me??

Many many thanks!!:)

Sorry for my (bad) english..

Last edited:

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I would like to know the same thing. The only car I have ever seen with it added though is SVTweb/Kennedy/whoever the new owner is. My guess would be that its a function of the conveneince control module and something that is communicated over the can bus but I dont know for sure.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi, can you post some pics or links at that car??;)

maybe one of them could help us..:)

which car and tacho do you have??:confused:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
never mind, i've already found it..;)

it would be interesting to know if all 4 doors + 2 (rear and front hood/trunks) get working with their appropriate simbol..:confused:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
MFA symbols

So far, all the cars (before 2002.5+, single din)with FIS do not show the car the same way the 2002.5's (double din) cars do.

Some of us think it's a function of the Central Convenience Module. My car is MY2000 and my wife's car is MY2004. Both have FIS and the center display for the doors is not the same.

If no one else takes pictures, I will do so when I get home from work.

L

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
many thanks..;)

i remember something like this..in fact the last kind of tacho (1j5920846C with IMMO 3) sholud display like the previous post..this should be the last kind of visualization..the older one (1j5920845C with IMMO 2) should display in the upper part of the fis like this:

this is shown whatever door is open..

This is what i know..I am right??

what is Central Convenience Module??

what car do you have??

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Lito, so your saying you were able to get the display which shows individual doors to display on your car? What wasinvolved in doing that?

Thanks,
Dave

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes

david_594 said:
Lito, so your saying you were able to get the display which shows individual doors to display on your car? What wasinvolved in doing that?

Thanks,
Dave
Only on our 2004 TDI which is Immo3. Immo2 cars will not display the info on the cluster in the same way.

Lito

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Do we know why Lito? Is the cluster not capeable of it, or does the CCM not send the data?

And who am I to ask about this anyway... I don't even have a door ajar light :p

-Jason

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's the CCM and not the cluster. I have the same cluster installed in my car and in my wife's car. Different displays.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My 2000 TDI does have a euro CCM. It's not a euro/US issue it's the CCM version issue.

Immo 2 cars don't use the same CCM as Immo 3 cars. The various modules in the vehicle are designed to communicate with the CCM. Immo 2 cars require much more software coding and are not dynamically linked nor do they communicate in the same manner.

The Immo 3 CCM and modules are "plug and play" where the Immo 2 CCM and modules each need to be coded to speak to each other.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The CCM upgrade... this happened at the same time as the swith from the 'loud' locks to the 'quite' locks? Does the CCM care about the Immo revision... IE, is an immo III CCM pin compatable with an Immo II system?

-J

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
compu_85 said:
The CCM upgrade... this happened at the same time as the swith from the 'loud' locks to the 'quite' locks? Does the CCM care about the Immo revision... IE, is an immo III CCM pin compatable with an Immo II system?

-J
Without checking the actual connectors, my memory(which is not as sharp as it used to be) seems to recall the connectors between Immo2 and 3 cars is keyed differently.

When Eric and I were messing with the European CCM's I think we discovered this.

It's not just the connectors that you have to worry about but the residual parts that need to communicate with that CCM.

Lito

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
Hi to all, sorry for the late and thanks for the reply!

I have a immoIII car and a immoIII tacho..

I'VE JUST RECEIVED MY NEW TACHO!!:) :)
WONDERFUL!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO INSTALL IT ON MY LEON!!

I'll ask your help here in using the vag-com (or vas- what's the difference??) during the installation ok??

Thanks to all.

illi206

TDI
Leon 130, 2004, black
tongsli said:
It's the CCM and not the cluster. I have the same cluster installed in my car and in my wife's car. Different displays.
Hi.
Please escuse me for my bad enghish. I´m spanish.

I think the problems is CCM.

Can you say me your CCM reference number and your wife CCM reference number ?

My CCM number is 1C0 959 799 F

Last edited:

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
M206 said:
many thanks..;)

i remember something like this..in fact the last kind of tacho (1j5920846C with IMMO 3) sholud display like the previous post..this should be the last kind of visualization..the older one (1j5920845C with IMMO 2) should display in the upper part of the fis like this:

this is shown whatever door is open..

This is what i know..I am right??

what is Central Convenience Module??

what car do you have??
For some reason, one day my car showed the display like this, the car was in the small section for the radio etc and in the big section where the car normally is it said "passenger door open". It hasnt happened since though.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
illi206 said:
Hi.
Please escuse me for my bad enghish. I´m spanish.

I think the problems is CCM.

Can you say me your CCM reference number and your wife CCM reference number ?

My CCM number is 1C0 959 799 F
I will have to post it later when I get home.

Lito

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi to all, i tought to another problem!!

By this week i should try to install the new tacho, my carseller says that he needs to replace and recode the keys.OK i already know this.But i'm thinking about the "key holes in the 2 front doors"? It doesn't need to be replaced i hope!!!

How did you do??

How does it work??

thanks

illi206

TDI
Leon 130, 2004, black
you need recode keys wich chanel 21.

Page 9 of my manual.

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi, so i don't have to replace the "key holes" in the 2 front doors..

Do you have a pdf manual??

If yes, could you send your manual to me by email??:D

illi206

TDI
Leon 130, 2004, black
tongsli said:
I will have to post it later when I get home.

Lito
Tongsli try change CCM your wife for your.

You have a respond for this problems.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
finally colt from GTI-TDI forum found the SOLUTION!!
"""Well I got the solution for the LEON
You just have to connect the CCM ( 1C0 959 799 F ) to the cluster and everything works fine...
Connection:
CCM T23 pin 9 = CAN-High to Cluster (green) Pin 8 = CAN-High
CCM T23 pin 6 = CAN-Low to Cluster (green) Pin 9 = CAN-Low
After that the cluster show all open doors separately + the light on - Warning is working now!!!"""

here the result:

WONDERFUL!!:) :)
Hope it can be of some help for you too!!!

byez