What did you do to your MK7 today?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Right, that's normal. The hatch is locked and armed but will unlock and disarm with all other doors remaining locked and armed (with fob in range). Its a convenience feature. If this happens without the fob in range, then you have a problem.

Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Installed a 18z brake kit from Rotorlab this week. Huge increase in braking and a super simple install. Our TDIs have the same steel knuckles found on previous gen VWs, so the kit bolts up just fine. Super happy with the looks and performance.

Wow! The braking power must be insane!

Also, how do you like Quickjack?

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Quickjack is fantastic. It lifts the car just high enough to get the transmission out from under, so that's perfect IMO.
Just wondering how they work in a magnitude 7.1 situation. Yeah, I'm more nervous about the car being on a jack than I was before 30 November.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Right, that's normal. The hatch is locked and armed but will unlock and disarm with all other doors remaining locked and armed (with fob in range). Its a convenience feature. If this happens without the fob in range, then you have a problem.
Hmmmm. It didn't work like than until about 2 weeks ago, and I've made no changes to the car. I'll try with the fob elsewhere and see how it goes. Thanks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
there's a rear kessy sensor in the rear bumper just for this function.

whicked handy when grocery shopping, cause you know it's a wagon and i have to do the food shopping for the house.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
there's a rear kessy sensor in the rear bumper just for this function.

wicked handy when grocery shopping, cause you know it's a wagon and i have to do the food shopping for the house.
Thanks. I checked and that's how it's working. No idea why it didn't do that before. Merrily, merrily . . .

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
I tried searching the other day and didn't come up with anything. I was pretty sure that this was posted but can't find it. I am looking to have the inner tails work as brake/turns with the outers. I saw this on a R the other day and I like it. So if anyone could help me out with what I need to do with VCDS, that would be great.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I tried searching the other day and didn't come up with anything. I was pretty sure that this was posted but can't find it. I am looking to have the inner tails work as brake/turns with the outers. I saw this on a R the other day and I like it. So if anyone could help me out with what I need to do with VCDS, that would be great.
Here is the coding for the brake lights, I do not have the coding for the rear tails to also be turn signals, however. I know the coding says that it is for a GTI, but it worked and has continued to work on mine.
Here is also a link to where I found this coding. This guy found a few that I also use now myself. The ESC sport tweak does work.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=483791
"9- Central Electronics
16- 31347
10-Adaptations
Left side inner:
Change [8] Leuchte23sl HLC10 - Lichtfunktion C23 from Not Active to Brake Light
Change [10] Leuchte23sl hcl10 - Dimmwert CD 23 from 0 to 100
Right side inner:
Change [8] Leuchte24sl HRA65 - Lichtfunktion C24 from Not Active to Brake Light
Change [10] Leuchte24sl HRA65 - Dimmwert CD 24 from 0 to 100"

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Thank You

Here is the coding for the brake lights, I do not have the coding for the rear tails to also be turn signals, however. I know the coding says that it is for a GTI, but it worked and has continued to work on mine.
Here is also a link to where I found this coding. This guy found a few that I also use now myself. The ESC sport tweak does work.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=483791
"9- Central Electronics
16- 31347
10-Adaptations
Left side inner:
Change [8] Leuchte23sl HLC10 - Lichtfunktion C23 from Not Active to Brake Light
Change [10] Leuchte23sl hcl10 - Dimmwert CD 23 from 0 to 100
Right side inner:
Change [8] Leuchte24sl HRA65 - Lichtfunktion C24 from Not Active to Brake Light
Change [10] Leuchte24sl HRA65 - Dimmwert CD 24 from 0 to 100"

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Omg warranty voided!!!! lol ;)

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Mk7.5 GTD rear seats... The fronts are next, a work in progress, to keep it short, haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Nope, imported GTD seats from a shop in the Netherlands... I'm retrofitting heated seats into my Golf S. I was originally looking for GTI plaid seats, and then I figured GTD plaid (all gray) was more fitting for a TDI. I've been looking on worldwide eBay for those and stumbled across these. I figure they're less common than the GTD plaid, though neither is common in the states. I suspect I have one of the few if not only sets of these on this side of the pond.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Those do look nice. Do you know if they're available in a lighter color, per chance? [In doing a search, the word seat often gives results for a Seat car. Imagine!] But these are different than any others I'm seeing for a Mk VII GTD in euro markets.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Don't know that they come any lighter. They do come in a GTI version with the red I was trying to avoid in the GTI plaid). I liked them enough (even with the red) that I messaged the seller, who said to message them for a shipping quote worldwide. They never responded but the auction ended saying the item went unsold. I ended up finding these seats in the meantime and they are "GTD gray" which is perfect to me.

In any case, I wouldn't say either of these options is light but the non suede parts of the seats are a perfect match for the door panels. And yes, searches with Seat always include results for seat cars. I was sorting by highest price which would normally show me any actual seats that were available.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Those look great! Bolstering looks exact to the SEL seats, and I think they're fantastic for sportier driving keeping you nice and planted in the seat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Sooo...anyone interested in a set of SEL leather seats for...what did that ebay page say....£750? :D

(Nice find, Cuzoe!!)

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Returned from deployment Sunday, about two weeks ago. TDI sitting around for months. No response from the start/stop engine button, but the FOB was working to lock and unlock doors. Battery had 11.9-ish volts. Jiggling the engine start/stop button while depressed seemed to help. Followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ1YwDmxAQ to dismantle center console and http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=430031 for switch cleaning. Works fine now. Removed the snow tires. Waxed the hood, front bumper, and fenders.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
So, it looks like the insides of the bolsters, the rear section of the seat bottom and the front of the headrests are faux suede and the hexagon pattern material is velour?
I ask because I'm doing custom upholstery on my SEL seats and looking at different design schemes.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
So, it looks like the insides of the bolsters, the rear section of the seat bottom and the front of the headrests are faux suede and the hexagon pattern material is velour?
I ask because I'm doing custom upholstery on my SEL seats and looking at different design schemes.
That's what it feels like to me. I'm really enjoying the "hug" of the new seats. Seats will not ship with airbags so I transferred the air bags from my front seats. The new upper seat cover has a zipper up one side and is relatively easy to remove. The leatherette seat covers have no such zipper; they just "stretch to remove. What a pain. I also bought a new passenger seat occupancy sensor (which is also the heating element) and installed that in my new passenger seat. The airbags can be resistor-ed out (3.3 ohm 1/4 watt) but no one seems to have fooled the occupancy sensor. I wanted to (and did) keep all the safety functionality. I transferred my seat harnesses to the new seats. My car didn't come with heated seats so I'm retrofitting that function as well; harnesses from Kufatec, A/C panel from a wrecker, and highline BCM from the dealer (midline in my car does not have the pins for seat heaters).

Are you doing the upholstery yourself? I suppose any shop will know this (I didn't going in) but to remove the covers you will have to cut a bunch of metal rings that hold the covers "tight" to the seat. I replaced these metal rings with zip ties when I put the covers back on. If the covers aren't re-secured at these points they look awful. I'll edit with some (not very good) pictures to show what I'm talking about. In any case, post up the seats after you get them done!

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Installed my Alltrack skid plate, it was easier than I had anticipated after reading what some others went through with the brackets. I could not put a socket and extension thru the grill as some have because there are no holes there but I was able to get them bolted up using a long thin 13mm racheting wrench. There is a key on each bracket that fits a hole along side the bolt hole to line them up but it is not perfect and I had to adjust them to line up with the skid plate holes. I actually think I can hear the engine just a tad more with the insulation now gone (I bought a used plate with no padding), I think the diesel rattle echoes off the bare, solid plate. Anyway I feel better with this skid plate, the biggest risk here especially in hot weather is hitting a "gator" off a tractor trailer and I think this plate will offer decent protection from that.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you got the plate and brackets for a decent price it can't be beat and hasn't me wanting to replace it for something beefier.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
If you got the plate and brackets for a decent price it can't be beat and hasn't me wanting to replace it for something beefier.
$40 for the plate, about $40 for the brackets and about another $40 for bolts some of which I didn't need. I could have got the bolts way cheaper at the hardware store but running a business leaves me little time so I chose quick and easy. And a 13mm racheting wrench which I think was $14 but I never count tools as part of the cost of a project because more tools are better.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
i guess you could put some insulation on the skid plate like dynamat but why bother. I'm putting mine on soon.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
5h drive to Sandbanks last weekend, 7L/100km (33mpg)...

Also crossbar are from a 02' A4 wagon, they fit right on.

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Finally made some progress on my DIY GTD conversion. Got the bumper with all the trimmings from Ebay, just needed a new mesh grill and the holes for the previous owner's California front license plate filled. Did all prep & paint work myself. (I do all my own stunts)

I still need to wire up the fogs and I have a GTD grill badge on order from E-Acca so still a bit more to do here but I'm happy with it.

GTI, R, Clubsport and Alltrack bumpers are basic swaps within our Mk. (Mk7 to Mk7 only)

Last edited: