Lock, no churpy now

Dallas

TDI
2 Jetta TDI's
When I lock my MKV Jetta now the alarm is not churping/ beeping anymore. The doors lock but no beep. The led is still turning on on the door. Its on solid, seems like it was blinking before (I can't remember). Is this telling me something? A search here didn't help.

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Most likely one of the doors is not locking.
Or one of the doors lost communication with the central module
Need to scan with VCDS. It will tell you exactly which door is the problem.
This also happens when the trunk/hood are not closed and you engage the alarm (you get a trunk open/hood open msg when starting car)

Last edited:

Dallas

TDI
2 Jetta TDI's
Most likely one of the doors is not locking.
Need to scan with VCDS. It will tell you exactly which door is the problem.
This also happens when the trunk/hood are not closed and you engage the alarm (you get a trunk open/hood open msg when starting car)
Thanks I'll check that.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Bad door latch. More specific, a bad microswitch in one of them. Not getting the "I am locked" signal to the CCM.

Scan tool will allow you to see which one is not reporting the correct data. It will not set a DTC generally.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Just go into the #46 convenience module, and go to Measuring Blocks, and scroll through until you find the ones that show the door lock status and door open status. You'll find one that is incorrect. Even if that latch actually locks and unlocks, the CCM may not know that.

Dallas

TDI
2 Jetta TDI's
Just go into the #46 convenience module, and go to Measuring Blocks, and scroll through until you find the ones that show the door lock status and door open status. You'll find one that is incorrect. Even if that latch actually locks and unlocks, the CCM may not know that.

Thanks