2015 GSW floor mats

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Thanks for the feedback!
I must say the WeatherTech logo versus the nice TDI logo is what makes the decision hardest. Bought the car new with mats in it so thinking about having the dealer replace under warranty as long as possible.
I agree. Dealers used to carry carpeted mat sets with TDI logo (made by Lloyds) for older models, which looked great. When they were discontinued, Lloyds continued to offer them as aftermarket models with optional logo, but then VW put the kibosh on aftermarket suppliers using their logo.

smittyatl

TDI
GSW
Anyone had any luck getting floor mats warrantied?

I have 15 months/15k miles on mine. Took them by the local dealer Saturday and the service guy said I would have to talk to the warranty manager today.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
prob, wear and tear, sorry. The wife is working on a nice heel hole in hers in about a years ownership.

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
Are these not available for the MK7's?

I have had them in my MK4 for 15 years. They are like the Findway ones Tortoise posted. They are carpeted with a rubbery shell underneath. They are OE VW, I bought them from a dealer. I love them, they contain any liquid and are easy to snap out and wash.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf

just installed these... had to air them out a few days outside because of the strong china rubber smell, lol. they do provide better coverage compared to the monster mats. they fit nicely (once i realized i had the rears swapped) i really like the rear hump protection too (esp with kids)!!!

i think the only downside i see is the dried thistle that stick to the bottom of my shoes will accumulate and get stuck in the mat. we'll see...

hillmatic

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
I ended up with a set of furry Findways and they've been great. I like the factory look and forget that they are there, but I pulled them out yesterday and the carpet underneath looks great!

The only issue was that after 80k the rubber under the pedals wore loose on the Findways. The rest of the mat (and the material underneath) is fine.