Adblue DPF Injector Crystallization

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Yes, I requested a different tech work on the car for the repair, and they also had it written on the service order

kcompton

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi, 2006 Jetta TDi Pkg 1.
15 Jetta TDI, I popped the hood today and looks like i've got a leak at the injector too. ugh.

Jibeho

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
This issue just hit my early 2015 Golf with 62,000 miles. First indication was the Adblue 600 mile warning, then a CEL and the Exclamation point. Just dropped it off they said it would be about 3 days due to part availability. On the upside they put me in a 2018 Alltrack with only 300 miles on the clock.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
enjoy the closest thing to a R Wagon we got!!!

Midash2k

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just had this happen on my car at 61k miles. was replaced under the emissions warranty. took about 90 minutes.

dasjefe

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
Have the same issue with my CPO Golf Sportwagen with 15k miles. Taking it to the shop tomorrow.

timfarn

TDI
2006.5 Jetta sold, 2015 Jetta 6MT
Does anyone have the book time for replacing the adblue injector? Return trip to dealer, I don't want to wait 2.5 hours as when they replaced the supply line. It was not the issue...

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Same with my passat, line replaced, now injector. Probably vw told them the line is problem when the expensive injector is really the problem. They operate by remote control from vw corporate hdq.

timfarn

TDI
Service manager said I would have to bring in for them to diagnose. He said VW would not supply parts without diagnosis. I sent a picture with their service ticket and told him I was not driving 90 miles each way twice. He is getting the parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

timfarn

TDI
Injector is less than supply line. Labor is huge on line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Now my 2015 Passat develops the leak and gosh its massive chunk!!!! She is going to be deleted this Saturday. She is gutless with the phase 1 fix. Will post picture of the def i jector leak tomorrow.

donopd

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S manual
adblue injector clamp missing and suppy not connected

Hello, I have 2015 Golf TDI (S) and have similar issue - here is diagnosis:
Engine Control Module: I FOUND 3
FAULTS FOR ADBLUE PRESSURE TOO
LOW, INJECTOR STUCK CLOSED, AND
CLOSED LOOP REDUCTANT TIME; I
FOUND THE ADBLUE INJECTOR
CLAMP MISSING AND THE SUPPLY
NOT CONNECTED, IT IS UNKNOWN
HOW LONG THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN
DRIVEN WITH THE INJECTOR
DISCONNECTED, THERE ARE SEVERAL
ITEMS ON THE ENGINE DAMAGED
FROM THE HEAT OF THE EXHAUST
OPEN
= ~1600$
and because of this:
Diesel Particle Filter (DPF): DUE TO
THE VEHICLE BEING DRIVEN WITH
THE ADBLUE INJECTOR NOT SEALED
TO THE DPF, THE DPF INTERNAL
FILTERS CAN BE DAMAGED DUE TO
THE EXTRA OXYGEN ENTERING THE
FILTERS CAUSING THEM TO
OVER-HEAT AND CRACK
= 2800$

the check engine light went on within last 2 weeks and Adblue warning~1-2 days later. The last time any one would have been messing with the injector would have been during fix #2 (at ~65kmiles Oct. 2018) and after that is just oil changes (non-dealer). I feel like I am going to get screwed on this. They say this is either catastrophic failure or possibly the bolt holding injector was loose?? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

donopd

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S manual
Took it to different dealer (the one that did the second fix). They fixed it under warranty.

LennyBriscoe

TDI
Audi A3
Has anyone had their DEF injector replaced more than once? I just got a replacement a couple of months ago after finding crystallization, barely drove it due to the pandemic, got AdBlue notification the other day, checked under the hood, and the crystals are back!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I had to get mine replaced a second time as well on the GSW. Second time around, they had the "kit" in stock, but waited another couple days for a certain band or clamp to arrive (they didn't outright admit it, but methinks they may have creatively "worked around" this missing whatever on the first go-round).

(PS. Give my best to Lt. Van Buren the next time you see her. ;))

LennyBriscoe

TDI
Audi A3
I had to get mine replaced a second time as well on the GSW. Second time around, they had the "kit" in stock, but waited another couple days for a certain band or clamp to arrive (they didn't outright admit it, but methinks they may have creatively "worked around" this missing whatever on the first go-round).

(PS. Give my best to Lt. Van Buren the next time you see her. ;))
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what to think because I actually got the first replacement done at a non-VW garage (they ordered the part from Volks though). I know, I know...it would have been a warranty job at VW. Long story as to why I avoid my local VW service department like the plague. I may have to suck it up and get this second replacement done at VW because it was pretty pricey the first time.

Lol! Lenny was my favourite cast member.

LennyBriscoe

TDI
Audi A3
K guys...had my injector replaced a couple months ago, leaked again. This time it was the hose to the injector. Got that replaced this week. AdBlue is all topped up, but the AdBlue notification wont go away. Anyone have this problem?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do you have VCDS or similar? If it won't clear on its own, should be able to get it cleared with the diagnostic cable/software. It'll show you, too, how much fluid it's "reading" as being in the tank.

LennyBriscoe

TDI
Audi A3
Do you have VCDS or similar? If it won't clear on its own, should be able to get it cleared with the diagnostic cable/software. It'll show you, too, how much fluid it's "reading" as being in the tank.
Thanks Nuje! I don't have one of those. Do you think disconnecting the battery would reset it?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Disconnecting the battery makes your cluster light up every error light, so I tend to avoid that if possible. (The error lights *should* go away after driving a couple blocks, but why tempt the gods?)

Try this: Turn the car "on" without starting the engine for about 90sec, and don't touch any controls. (If you have push-button start, press the START button *WITHOUT* your foot on the brake.)
Turn the ignition off.
Let the car sit for 5 minutes.
Start it up and see what happens.

At that point, not having a VCDS or the like, I'd try the battery disconnection - remove both cables, touch them together (AWAY FROM THE BATTERY POSTS), then reconnect positive, then negative. Like I said, you'll probably have have ESC, TPMS, cruise control, etc. warning lights - take it for a drive, move the steering wheel stop-to-stop on your way out of the driveway, and see how it goes.